H. Arizonensis with BDFs

GravySupreme

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody. I know these species can be kept together with no issues (usually) but I've only heard of people putting a few beetles in with their H. arizonensis. I recently built a 15"x12" enclosure for my scorpion with 5-7 inches of excavator clay/sand substrate. I'm waiting for it to dry out a bit before anyone gets put in there. I have 6 beetles and I'm concerned that with that many they would constantly be disturbing the scorpion. They're usually active at the same times though, and the beetles will have plenty of things to climb on and hide in so I also think it shouldn't be a problem. Thoughts?

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They are not mutualistic commensals, that was a myth invented to help market them. They actually stress scorpions out.

The reason scorpions dont do anything to them is because they cant. not only does the armor protect the beetles, they also have a powdery coating scorpions really really dont like to touch. they will also attack freshly molted or injured scorpions. their mandibles are actually pretty strong- enough to clip a finger nail.