H.arizonensis slings

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
Do people even breed this species? I like the look of them and was considering buying some but have never seen slings for sale, nor has a google image search of "H.arizonensis slings" been fruitful in finding what they look like. I ask because buying a wild caught is not an option, I do not like that due to parasites, diseases, etc.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Do people even breed this species? I like the look of them and was considering buying some but have never seen slings for sale, nor has a google image search of "H.arizonensis slings" been fruitful in finding what they look like. I ask because buying a wild caught is not an option, I do not like that due to parasites, diseases, etc.
It's because it's difficult for the average person to raise them. They have molting issues in captivity.

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
Oh okay, thanks for the reply. I just have one more question. If they are that hard to raise and they have issues with molting why do they seem to be so popular, especially with beginners?

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
Oh okay, thanks for the reply. I just have one more question. If they are that hard to raise and they have issues with molting why do they seem to be so popular, especially with beginners?
Most people get WC animals as adults when they stop moulting.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
They are mostly adults in the hobby.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Well if @darkness975 's H arizonensis and mine both molt properly I will be checking to see if they are M/F as I suspect. If so I plan to give breeding a shot. If successful I will most definitely be posting pictures.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Well if @darkness975 's H arizonensis and mine both molt properly I will be checking to see if they are M/F as I suspect. If so I plan to give breeding a shot. If successful I will most definitely be posting pictures.
I forgot that one of yours is pre molt. I know one of mine is haha.

I believe the rest are all adult though.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I forgot that one of yours is pre molt. I know one of mine is haha.

I believe the rest are all adult though.
Mine definitely is, though "she" did take food last week. I meant Morphine though, his chubby butt is still refusing to molt.
I'm just guessing both are pre-molt based on the fact that neither are up to the typical sizes of adults.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Mine definitely is, though "she" did take food last week. I meant Morphine though, his chubby butt is still refusing to molt.
I'm just guessing both are pre-molt based on the fact that neither are up to the typical sizes of adults.
I agree.

I never did figure out why that one has gone so long without molting. Maybe something to do with how they have a longer life span than other species. I hear 20+ years in captivity.