Gutted

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, my second breeding attempt with Lampropelma violaceopes did not pan out. I pulled the sac on 7/24/14 (day thirty after discovering it with her), made a hammock-style incubator for them and just last week, all were desiccated. :-(

I knew it should not have taken so long for development but guess I was in a bit of denial since most stayed round for quite some time. Likely weren't even fertile. Guess I'll be looking for another male of this species after her molt. :wall:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
When I pull them at 30-40 days, I open the sac to see what's there, LV's included. There should be EWL's or maybe 1st instars by then. If not, that's a bad sign right then.

The incubators I use are a 16 oz deli cup with a lid that has holes covered by cheesecloth (you can buy them somewhere), or put tiny pin-holes in the sides myself. This allows some gas exchange and keeps tiny flies out. I'll either make a hammock with a slightly moist paper towel under it, or skip the hammock and just put the babies on the paper towel. The paper towel shouldn't be allowed to dry out. They need some humidity and 1st and 2nd instars need to drink. It's easy to monitor their daily development in this set up, and any black/dead eggs or slings can removed along the way. After you pull a month-old sac, you shouldn't go another month not knowing what's going on with them.

How big is your female? I think they need to be 7" to have the best chance of producing good sacs. I've got penultimate LV males, PM if you're interested for a breeding loan.