Guess the age of the G. pulchra!

nurunuru

Arachnopeon
Just got this little beaut at a reptile show yesterday, and was wondering if anyone with pulchra experience wanted to hazard a guess at her (hopefully her) age!

The person I bought her from had only had her a coupla months, so she didn't know for sure. DLS appears to be 2" on the button.

Obviously, the usual variables come into play with regards to age and size, but... Whaddaya reckon?

Attachments

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Too many variables to factor in. Temperature and feeding rate being the big ones. Maybe a year or so. Does it matter?

nurunuru

Arachnopeon
Too many variables to factor in. Temperature and feeding rate being the big ones. Maybe a year or so. Does it matter?
Nope! Doesn't matter a jot. Just curious what ballpark figure people familiar with the species were thinking. I'm inclined to think at least 2 years old. Maybe more.

Phases

Arachnoknight
Well I have at least 1 one inch T that is 2 years old, and another 5 or 6 inch that could be as little as 1 year old so - I wouldn't know where to start besides googling the species to see what I can learn!

Sergic

Arachnosquire
My G. pulchra is slightly smaller than yours, and I have had it for nearly two years. No idea how old it was when I got it.

Like others have said, there are too many variables in growth rate to give a reasonable estimate, though.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Just got this little beaut at a reptile show yesterday, and was wondering if anyone with pulchra experience wanted to hazard a guess at her (hopefully her) age!

The person I bought her from had only had her a coupla months, so she didn't know for sure. DLS appears to be 2" on the button.

Obviously, the usual variables come into play with regards to age and size, but... Whaddaya reckon?
Very slow growing species, I would wager 2 years at the minimum. I keep my sling at 80 and it's fed regularly, still growing slowly.