Guess That Spider

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
@KezyGLA
Euathlus condorito, Euathlus sp. Crema, Euathlus sp. Silver
I also guess it's what Vlad is labeling Euathlus sp. Crema now, although I'm still not convinced it's a Euathlus sp. with those dual urticating patches which is indicative of Phrixothrichus. It's one of the main differences between the two genera.

AracKnight

Arachnopeon
I also guess it's what Vlad is labeling Euathlus sp. Crema now, although I'm still not convinced it's a Euathlus sp. with those dual urticating patches which is indicative of Phrixothrichus. It's one of the main differences between the two genera.
Well, wouldn't be the first falsely identified Euathlus sp. :D
Guess it's fair, if u consider how many 'Phrixotrichus scrofa' are out there lacking lateral patches of urticating hairs...

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Yeah, I immediately thought Phrixotrichus as well for the same reason. I stopped playing this game because a correct ID (or more correct) to genus or species is considered a wrong answer because some sellers/ dealers can't or won't follow a published key. :shifty:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I relabelled it from Phrixotrichus to Euathlus because many Chilean hobbyists and even a couple arachnologists said it was Euathlus sp. crema (costera).

I took into account about the setae of Phrix but they still said it was Euathlus. That genus is the muddiest for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.