Guess That Spider

Status
Not open for further replies.

AracKnight

Arachnopeon
Thats correct, but is that the same species as 'Atimonan Blue'?
I don't know. I'd guess so since Atimonan is located on Quezon, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyways, lets see who gets this one:
20171030_171849.jpg

(No, this is not here actual housing, this is the box I got her in at Marbach. She now lives in a proper set up, but istantly found a place to hide, so this is the only photo I've got so far :D )

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Thrixopelma pruriens. Thrixopelma cajamarca, maybe a T. lagunas in need of molt?

AracKnight

Arachnopeon
Okay, you guys get a hint:
It's a species from Peru, wich afaik is not scientifically described yet.

AracKnight

Arachnopeon
We are looking for a species found in an area close to Ecuador. It might be possible that it is conspecific with Thrixopelma sp. "Sullana"

(and I grant you unlimited amount of guesses)

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Okay, you guys get a hint:
It's a species from Peru, wich afaik is not scientifically described yet.
No. Actually never heard of this.

Of this one not even the genus is known yet.
Ok, so the genus isn't known, the species isn't known, could be a new species from Peru. How in the world is anyone supposed to guess? :shifty:

The best we have is the mirror patch which means this spider has type 4 urticatious bristles. It superficially resembles several genera. The best guess I have is Theraphosinae sp. "Peru."

AracKnight

Arachnopeon
Ok, so the genus isn't known, the species isn't known, could be a new species from Peru. How in the world is anyone supposed to guess? :shifty:

The best we have is the mirror patch which means this spider has type 4 urticatious bristles. It superficially resembles several genera. The best guess I have is Theraphosinae sp. "Peru."
Well, if I had posted a pic of my Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" most of you would have gotten it instantly, although neither species nor genus is known. Of cause this species is less striking than Theraphosinae sp. "Panama", but nevertheless still recognisable. And since it seems to be a bit hard I gave you an important hint. In the end all we looking for is the location in Peru, near the border to Ecuador and since it might be conspecific with Thrixopelma sp. "Sullana" and Sullana is located in Peru near to Ecuador it is most likely that this species comes from an adjacent locality (hint: not even 40km).
Shouldn't be impossible to take a GUESS. It's not like "name the false one and die!" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.