Growth.

RadioactiveDude

Arachnopeon
Hey all.

I have a G. aureotriata, I got it in March of '05, and where it was still a 1/2'' sling.
Now, two and a half years later, it's 3'' leg span and 1.25'' from abdomen to it's head....approximately.

Is this a good size for an unsexed T?
Also, how long do they live once they reach a full size?

oOINOVAIOo

Arachnopeon
I'm going to give this a shot, but from the looks of it, that seems like a female. :eek:

RadioactiveDude

Arachnopeon
Really? I though it was a male.

But my question still wasn't answered.
Is this a normal size for a two and a half year old T?

mistercurls

Arachnopeon
That seems normal to me. And it all depends on how you are taking care of it ie. huch much you are feeding it temps and all that good stuff. Correct me if Im wrong though, but arent Grammostola a slow growing species. This one is supposed to get pretty big I believe. Its definently big enough to sex after its next molt.

RadioactiveDude

Arachnopeon
I feed it 4-6 crickets once a week. I've heard over feeding makes them grow faster and live shorter. Temp, is room temperature, doesn't get below 75, or above 95 (summer time). I spray the container with water every few weeks.

I don't know if they grow fast or slow, that's why I'm asking. But I know they can get over 8'' big.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like you feed lots of crickets. I'd have guessed you fed it 1 every two weeks and kept it in the fridge, because to me that's painfully slow.

Mine has gone from 3cm to 6 cm in 4 month, and it is a female. I just keep half her box on a heatpad and the other in room temp (23 celcius) and I feed roaches every third day or so.

RadioactiveDude

Arachnopeon
Nope, I feed it 4-6 small crickets at once.

...maybe it's a midget.

Edit: I think just found out what the problem is...I got it in 2006 not 2005 :wall:
So it's only 1 and a half years old... I miss labeled my pictures...

Last edited: