Growth Rate of the H. Maculata

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
So I’ve done some research on the basic facts of this species and I’ve noticed that there are far ranging opinions on the growth rate of the H. Mac, some people say they are a surprisingly slow growing species but then there’s people that say it’s a reasonable fast growing species which is what I was expecting considering this species is an old world arboreal, so I’m just wondering from people who have raised H. Macs what your opinions is on this, right now mine is 2.5 inches

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Mine jumped from .75" to about 2" in...5 months. It's not my fastest growing but it's definitely not glacial. Then again, mine is also always out so mine just might be broken.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Mine jumped from .75" to about 2" in...5 months. It's not my fastest growing but it's definitely not glacial. Then again, mine is also always out so mine just might be broken.
That’s good to know, thanks! I wish mine was always out, the only time I see mine out is if it’s like 3am and I carefully turn the flashlight on my phone on and see her lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's an 'honest' middle way, basically :)

Female specimens reaches 12/13 cm (legspan), and live more or less 10 years.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
My sling, obtained at about .5”, has molted about once a month during the three months I’ve had it. However, the size gain is not phenomenal in comparison to a freakishly growing T, like a LP.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Not painfully slow but I wouldn't say they're fast growers either, got my female as a 1cm sling a little over 16 months ago and she's around 3 inches now. They don't put on much size with each moult.

Mine's also probably broken seeing as she's actually pretty visible.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Mychajlo When people provide you growth rates, and you provide one too, the information is fairly meaningless because no one has provided the critical information one needs to compare growth rates.

Until you learn to ask this question better, or expect more from the people who have replied, you have information that is relatively useless.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
@Mychajlo When people provide you growth rates, and you provide one too, the information is fairly meaningless because no one has provided the critical information one needs to compare growth rates.

Until you learn to ask this question better, or expect more from the people who have replied, you have information that is relatively useless.
I’m sorry what are you referring to?

cold blood

Staff member
I have raised a bunch....none have been great eaters as slings, so my sling growth has always been slow, but as they get larger, they eat better and grow a little faster....id put them on the very slow end of medium growth. My experiences at least....mine came from 3 different sacs, were always kept warm and generally offered food about weekly.