Growth Rate of Scorpians

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I have some scorpians, was wondering the growth rate:

1/2in. P. transvaalicus I also have a 2 1/2in.

Centruriodes exilicauda wc those were from Kelly Swift

Centruroides vittatus cb 2 are 1in. 1 is 2in.

And I bought a Hadogenes troglodytes male from him for my female and my female is mostly brown, and this guy has some yellow banding on the bottom on the "scales" on his back. My female is a good 7in. and is cb, the male is wc about 5-6in. Can they be different species?

Thanks,
Steve

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
As with tarantulas, growth rate will depend on the species and the amount of food they have available.

The adult size for the C.exilicauda and the C.vittatus is around 1 3/4-2 1/2" so it sounds like you have two sub-adult C.vittatus that are 1-2 molts away from mature and one adult each of C.exilicauda and C.vittatus. Both of these species take a little over a year to mature from 1st instar to mature adult and can live 1- 3 years after this.

With the Hadogenes both are likely mature adults as the males are usually a bit smaller (though tail is longer) and less bulky than the females...OR it also could be the fact the female is CB and the male is WC...the male having the more difficult life and less regular food source than your female.

I'm not as certain on the P.transvaalicus...I'm thinking it would mature in about two years...though I would defer this answer to someone who has raised them from juvie to adulthood.

Other species such as Hadrurus can take several yers to mature to adulthood but they may live as long as 15-20 years in their natural environments.

John
];')