Growing moss became growing mold

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
I read some guides online for propagating moss and I tried it in a couple of my pede tanks but checking back only a day later I noticed a white hairlike mold growing from where I applied the moss/water/buttercream paste. I have healthy springtail populations in both tanks so is this something I need to worry urgently about or will it sort itself out over time?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I’ve used the paste outdoors but I’ve never used it indoors. I don’t keep moss with many of my millipedes, just a few that get a little natural sunlight. Some moss needs sunlight, do you know if yours does? I would worry more what the paste is made of than if the springtails can keep up.

I don’t keep centipedes, so I don’t know about their light needs.

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
I’ve used the paste outdoors but I’ve never used it indoors. I don’t keep moss with many of my millipedes, just a few that get a little natural sunlight. Some moss needs sunlight, do you know if yours does? I would worry more what the paste is made of than if the springtails can keep up.

I don’t keep centipedes, so I don’t know about their light needs.
I'm honestly not sure about the light needs, it was sold as beaked moss and I couldn't find much info online about it .I was a little iffy about trying the paste on such a small scale, I have now cleaned out the terrariums and have tried to pull off all the moss paste I could.