Greeting New to the forum

EmpressVia

Arachnopeon
I have just purchased a pink toe tarantula SUPER excited. Seeking guidance on adding live plants to my enclosure I would like to put live philodendrons in the enclosure is this a good course of action?

NYAN

Arachnoking
This belongs in the tarantula area of the forum. I’ll have it moved for you.

I would stay away from live plants with this species and it’s relatives. They do best when kept completely dry with a waterdish. Adding live plants that require watering can cause issues with that.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have just purchased a pink toe tarantula SUPER excited. Seeking guidance on adding live plants to my enclosure I would like to put live philodendrons in the enclosure is this a good course of action?
Avic spp. are best kept without live plants as the need of the plants to have moisture conditions can be detrimental to Avics.

boina

Lady of the mites
Live plants and Avics don't mix well. Yes, you see it all the time on youtube, but few youtubers will tell you when it didn't work out...

Avics need dry conditions. They really don't do well once things get humid.

Plants need to be watered - and more importantly they give off plenty of humidity via evaporation.

You can see the problem.

cold blood

Staff member
The easiest way to over complicate the relatively simple process of keeping ts is to....add live plants.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
As a new keeper, its a bad idea...avics die often enough without adding live plants into the mix. I would focus on the spider's needs rather then aesthetics.

As a side note, fake plants look just as good, and wont complicate things in any way shape or form.