Greenhouse enclosure

morticia26

Arachnopeon
I was thinking of placing my jumping spiders and T's in an ikea greenhouse I have for the winter months. I have kept my T's on the shelf above a heat mat that I place on the wall behind the jumping spiders. I had the T sling vials inside of larger enclosure to keep them at proper humidity and temp. I am not sure if my idea would work. Here are my before and after pictures. Any feed back would be appreciated. IMG_4133.jpeg

Attachments

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
That's a great looking setup, just keep in mind that ventilation is a much higher priority than humidity...VERY attractive, I just can't tell in the pic what it has to facilitate airflow. Tarantulas don't appreciate stagnation at all.

DustyD

Arachnoknight
It seems very workable and nice to look at. I agree about ensuring good ventilation. I think it has the added benefit of being easier to maintain temperatures and to protect against intrusions by cats if you have them. For me, keeping my T’s in enclosures within enclosures also helps if power goes out. My battery backup can keep them warm for quite a while.

morticia26

Arachnopeon
It seems very workable and nice to look at. I agree about ensuring good ventilation. I think it has the added benefit of being easier to maintain temperatures and to protect against intrusions by cats if you have them. For me, keeping my T’s in enclosures within enclosures also helps if power goes out. My battery backup can keep them warm for quite a while.
I ended up keeping the setting I already had for them. All the vet's are in other bigger enclosures. I find that helps to keep the humidity level up since I mist the outside enclosure so the humidity comes in from the outside. Thank you for your feedback.