Greenbottle blue. Price

Dadsgreenhouse

Arachnopeon
I have raised four very nice greenbottle blue tarantulas, from small slings.
Now I am going to the petstore with one soon, they are interested in buying from me.
These are about 3" diagonally across the legs.
How much is reasonable to charge the petstore / wholesale ?
Thanks!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I can't help because I'm European and here the prices are different like day and night compared to the U.S but, a question: have you sexed your spiders?

I'm asking this because females are more prized (for the normal keeper) while males are prized for breeders (so being you, for instance, I wouldn't give a male 'GBB' to a normal/random Pet Shop but to a private breeder).

cold blood

Staff member
I have raised four very nice greenbottle blue tarantulas, from small slings.
Now I am going to the petstore with one soon, they are interested in buying from me.
These are about 3" diagonally across the legs.
How much is reasonable to charge the petstore / wholesale ?
Thanks!
to get top dollar they need to be sexed....and sold on your own (which isnt all that hard). A pet store will only give a fraction of the actual value.

But keep in mind, unsexed ts will never fetch the best price.

Id expect the store to offer 20 bucks, 30 tops...not a price id sell em for.

Dadsgreenhouse

Arachnopeon
Thanks! AWESOME bass btw. Very impressive!
I have considered using make Dubia roaches as bait, with fly fishing technique...but I digress.
Can I sell them on this forum?
Also, probably another thread but....how to ship them?

cold blood

Staff member
I have considered using make Dubia roaches as bait, with fly fishing technique...but I digress.
Yes, you can sell here, but first you either need to become a supporter, a classified user ($5) or simply become an active member...which amounts to 15 posts (not fluff) in a 45 day period.

Shipping isnt hard, lots of tutorials out there....just ask if you cant figure something out.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Yes, but to post in the classifiedes forum you must be either an "active member" OR pay a small fee.

You must also create a review page. (there are a couple more fine detail tupe rules that i cant twll you off the top of my head but they are in the classifieds area.)

As for shipping there are many threads and youtune videos on the subject. Easy to find. But PLEASE make sure you do a good job. It isn't hard to do... Make sure the spider has a soft cushony material in EVERY direction and is a snug fit. Here is a pic of how i package to ship.

Container gets paper towel on the bottom, rolled up paper towel around the walls then more folded before the lid. Then the container (with some sort of packing material goes into the box. The materials in the pic below were prepped for winter shipping so the spider went in a little box in a larger well insulated box with an insulated devider so that i could put a heat pack in without cooking the spider. Similar methods can be used in hot weather, just use a cold pack. For 70-80 degree weather, less insulation is needed.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You'll never get what they are worth from a petstore, because they have to make a profit. Sell them privately.