1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Bottle Blue

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Firefiter236, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Firefiter236

Firefiter236 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello to all,

I am relatively new to this hobby and have found that I absolutely love it. I have a Chilean Rose and have just ordered up a gorgeous GBB. Cant wait to get her and she should be here on Tuesday. I cant hardly wait. Does anyone have any pointers for me for just starting out with this beautiful creature?

2. mattman

mattman Arachnosquire

I don't know much about the I'm mostly a brachepalma guy but I've heard that they are a pretty easy t to start with and they web a lot but I wouldn't advise you to handle it because they can give a nasty bite and sometimes they can get moony but over all not much you need to know not certain temp but don't get to cold or it will go dormant and won't eat .GoodLuck

3. Matt was wrong on a lot of stuff^

They don't give a bad bite, no worse than a G. rosea :p

Basically, keep them the same as a rose hair, add some objects for web anchors, spray the webbing every few days as a water dish will probably get webbed over. It isn't super hard lol :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hobo

Hobo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Staff Member

There are no special temperatures needed for this species. You don't need to spray the webbing.

Keep them like you would any other arid species, give them a little bit more height than your average terrestrial, and lots of web anchors for more intricate webs.
    You can arrange the web anchors in such a way to minimize getting the dish webbed over. Just keep taking the dish out to clean and fill it; eventually it may finally stop webbing it. Even if it doesn't,
    don't worry about destroying some of it's web. It can very easily make more and it's no big deal.

5. What Hobo said,

I keep mine as I would any other arid species + a few anchors.

They are voracious eaters so enjoy the little guy :)

6. DannyH

DannyH Arachnobaron

Good choice, they really are an awesome tarantula. The only pointer I can give it be ready for it to be faster then your G. rosea. It took me by surprise when I got mine.

7. Shrike

Shrike Arachnoprince Old Timer

Yes, great choice. You can also expect C.cyaneopubescens to kick hairs more often. Mine did from time to time, whereas my G. rosea never has. In my opinion C.cyaneopubescens are a slightly nervous species, prone to occasional bursts of speed, but are not particularly defensive.

And they don't have a nasty bite, nor are they moony...at least mine never mooned me ;)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tjrd83

tjrd83 Arachnosquire

You knew that was coming. Didn't know when or from who but you just knew it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. vespers

vespers Arachnodemon

:laugh: I was expecting it too.

10. Shrike

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

11. tjrd83

tjrd83 Arachnosquire

Although I do have a few slings that love running around with the booty held high lol.

12. I have a mature female and a new sling. Great display species! Mine are almost always out with the exception of premolt and they web everything - HEAVILY! Makes sense as they like really loose, dry substrates. Mine are on a potting soil and horticulture sand mix. The only wet area is right under the water dish and yes the big girl does web over it often but rather her have some water.

Mine seem to prefer crickets over superworms. They like really soft stuff including waxworms and will often take a just molted superworm (the really pale guys). Really fun watching them pounce on food. Hair-kickers and do have bouts of speeding off when spooked.

13. prairiepanda

prairiepanda Arachnoknight

Mine just passed the 1" mark and she's a sweetie. She's very calm and docile. I sometimes even handle her if she walks out when I'm doing cage maintenance. I've never seen her move fast.

However, I do not have a typical GBB. I'm always prepared for speed and skittishness with her, even though she's always been slow and calm. They generally aren't good for handling. Definitely easy to care for, though.

Make sure you get plenty of neat ornaments and stuff for your GBB to web on! They make really cool webs. And as has been said before, forget about a water dish. They'll web it up and the web will suck all the water out. But web holds water pretty well, so misting the web works well for watering.

14. Shrike

I kept mine with a water dish without any issues. Just place the dish in the corner, away from any web anchors. If you have to destroy some webbing every once in a while in order to refill the dish, it's not a big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Will240393

Will240393 Arachnopeon

I also ordered a GBB which i am expecting tomorrow, good luck with yours!.

16. Miehrano

Miehrano Arachnopeon

I got one, its still smal. But becasue of all the webbings i gave it a regular sized kritter keeper to grow into.