green bottle blue questions

Luke Alexander

Arachnopeon
WOW! IT ATE FIRST DAY!?!? i have a one day rule where i wait at least day before feeding new additions because they need time to adjust but WOW it just went in there and took it down!?! thats amazing and i want one now
Yea they are great eaters, you will love this species.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
WOW! IT ATE FIRST DAY!?!? i have a one day rule where i wait at least day before feeding new additions because they need time to adjust but WOW it just went in there and took it down!?! thats amazing and i want one now
I often try to feed mine the same day, and they have all taken the prey.

octanejunkie

Arachnoknight
I looked at various commercial online sellers when considering a GBB and found sling pricing to be around $65 for 3/4" with Jamie's having the cheapest shipping option, $15, while others were upwards of $35 for shipping.
This must be a very popular species or very few breeders but I bit the bullet and ordered from Jamie's having bought from them in the past and had a good experience. HTH

DraykoDog

Arachnopeon
Yes, I would do the same thing with reptiles (hold off a bit on feeding when first purchased), but this sling was moving around like it was hunting and wasn't acting stressed so, I took a chance and fed it. He is so tiny and had just been shipped, so I'm sure that made a difference. It's also not very "flighty" as I've heard this species can be, but that could change as it gets older. My B. Albo is also a great eater and is eating almost as often as the GBB sling, though she pounces rather than leaps. Right now the GBB sling reminds me of a jumping spider the way it hunts lol

Rob1985

This user has no status.
1. Yes... just as long as you are aware they are flighty as slings and on the more defensive side as juvy through adult.
2. Terrestrial... and prolific webbers! On a truly epic level tbh!
3. Mine has a hide in the corner... it has webbed the entire area around it and claimed it as it's "den". lol
4. I have found slings for $35-$55+ depending on size... unsexed juvie's for $75-$100+.

Last edited: