1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

green bottle blue questions

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Wolfspidurguy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Luke Alexander

Luke Alexander Arachnopeon

Mesa Az
    Advertisement
    Yea they are great eaters, you will love this species.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I often try to feed mine the same day, and they have all taken the prey.

3. octanejunkie

octanejunkie Arachnopeon

I looked at various commercial online sellers when considering a GBB and found sling pricing to be around $65 for 3/4" with Jamie's having the cheapest shipping option, $15, while others were upwards of $35 for shipping.
    This must be a very popular species or very few breeders but I bit the bullet and ordered from Jamie's having bought from them in the past and had a good experience. HTH

4. DraykoDog

DraykoDog Arachnopeon

WV, USA
    Yes, I would do the same thing with reptiles (hold off a bit on feeding when first purchased), but this sling was moving around like it was hunting and wasn't acting stressed so, I took a chance and fed it. He is so tiny and had just been shipped, so I'm sure that made a difference. It's also not very "flighty" as I've heard this species can be, but that could change as it gets older. My B. Albo is also a great eater and is eating almost as often as the GBB sling, though she pounces rather than leaps. Right now the GBB sling reminds me of a jumping spider the way it hunts lol

5. Rob1985

Rob1985 This user has no status. Old Timer

1. Yes... just as long as you are aware they are flighty as slings and on the more defensive side as juvy through adult.
    2. Terrestrial... and prolific webbers! On a truly epic level tbh!
    3. Mine has a hide in the corner... it has webbed the entire area around it and claimed it as it's "den". lol
    4. I have found slings for $35-$55+ depending on size... unsexed juvie's for $75-$100+.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018