great example of bad pet store advice

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
How in the f does his fiancé have knowledge and the tank looks like that. She has experience keeping T's for two years but her enclosure tells another story...

Paulhodgkinson

Arachnopeon
'I don't want to stress her out'.

Well stopping messing about with your bloody paintbrush!

I particularly like the natural substrate. Two ply toilet tissue.

Lander9021

Arachnosquire
Nowt wrong with it, I keep my ts on a sheet of a4 too. And let's face it who doesn't take their t in the car, in your hand. ...this video is like a game of where's Wally or Waldo ...find as many mistakes as you can

Lander9021

Arachnosquire
More to the root of the problem, who the flick is going round thinking they can tame a tarantula. If I was that t I'd go genic on a cricket on his ass

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I didn't catch this thread yesterday.
I'm sitting here filled with disgust. That was clearly animal abuse. You could tell that poor T WANTED TO BE LEFT ALONE!!!
Don't people have common sense?
A conscience? You know, I shouldn't be surprised.
That poor little T. I hope she survived the stress.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I'm not sure what to say about what I just watched, none of what I am thinking is good. I feel bad for that tarantula.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That was clearly animal abuse.
The problem is the same "individuals" and "organizations" that preach how horrible it is to neglect dogs/cats/whatever don't care at all about the "scary disgusting should be dead" Tarantulas. Hypocrisy at its finest. People only want to protect what they "like" and because those of us who like snakes or tarantulas or whatever are so few in numbers compared to the masses we have what you see before us.

If someone posted a video like this of someone poking a cat in the face or something you bet it would be full of "ZOMG EVIL PERSON" comments. :meh:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
The problem is the same "individuals" and "organizations" that preach how horrible it is to neglect dogs/cats/whatever don't care at all about the "scary disgusting should be dead" Tarantulas.
I agree, but that is why we have to get involved and say something. Big hairy spiders have very few advocates for their well being - those who exist need to step up for them.
They might have few allies, but the don't have no allies.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
He obviously hasn't taken any time to learn general tarantula body language. From the second he lifted up that hide and started messing with it, it was basically saying "please, whoever or whatever you are, just leave me the F alone". It was obviously pretty stressed.

ProTip: if you keep touching something and it KEEPS MOVING AWAY FROM YOU WHEN YOU DO, then that usually means it doesn't like what you're doing. Pretty universal, really.