Great Dane Kill Count

Derivative

Arachnosquire
Here is a list of everything my 1.8 year old great dane and her brother have destroyed.

2 Bean Bags
3 Dog Beds
4 Trash Bags
1 Couch
3 Cardboard Box's
2 Dog Kennels
This is why my great danes nickname is Lucifer.

Feel free to post what your pets have destroyed.

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
years back I had 2 rottweiler/shepherd mix that was brothers, they chewed the outer corners of 4 walls in my house, chewed up 2 doors and door half a privacy fence down by biting the boards and pulling. Super destructive.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Here is a list of everything my 1.8 year old great dane and her brother have destroyed.

2 Bean Bags
3 Dog Beds
4 Trash Bags
1 Couch
3 Cardboard Box's
2 Dog Kennels
This is why my great danes nickname is Lucifer.

Feel free to post what your pets have destroyed.
Forum rules. You have to post pics of your dogs.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My little man has been pretty good with regards to chewing my things. Chewed a few cushions up. Socks are his favourite. A couple of my Transformer figures I had had displayed. Rumble and Lazerbeak if you're interested. My new glasses case that I had maybe 10 mins.

I think that's it. He's got a thing for chewing up any paper he can get his teeth on too. Shreds it into little pieces.

I did a couple of "murder scenes" with a couple of his own teddy toys he chewed.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
So far this guy hasn't gone after anything but his toys, but he absolutely destroys them. He ripped a thick rubber bone in half, and he's taken quite a few chunks off of other seemingly indestructible toys. Oh, and he destroys his leashes too. Don't let his innocent face fool you. He's a scary beast. His only weakness is he'll play fetch with you until someone keels over, either you or him.
20190224_192022.jpg 20190317_093242.jpg

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I knit and my dog has chewed wooden knitting needles that I left on a table next to the sofa. He also likes to 'play' with yarn. No, he doesn't try to eat it, he gums it and tangles it all up in one wet ball of wool. Luckily, he doesn't come in my room much because I have too many various medicine bottles and inhalers strewn around. Now, strangely my mother works with wire stone and bead jewellery and he doesn't touch ANY of her supplies, guess he likes the "sheep smell" or whatever from the yarn?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Equal rights for 4 legged destroyers of other species.

24 boxes so far and the mess they have made of the couch in the background.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
My pet human had destroyed so many plates. I am convinced she is doing it out of spite. As for my dog, we cannot let him into the bathroom or closet as he will tear up toilet paper rolls or sandals. Only sandals though.

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
One on the left is Lucy and so far her reign of terror has claimed:

5 dog kennels (metal and plastics)
The front door
The back door
15 safety gates
The front bay window (yes it happened)
An entire pineapple upside down cake
An entire frozen eel filet in the package (expensive vet trip that one was)
2 kitchen garbage cans
At least five wild birds of various species.
A bag of oranges down from the top of a tall dresser
The tall dresser itself
Every screen in every window on the first floor of my house
And my favorite 5 pounds of charity chocolate bars (another expensive trip to the vet).

The one on the right is Chubby
He likes to cuddle and that’s about it for him.

Attachments

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As a dog trainer/behaviourist, I have to point out that those dogs are extremely understimulated/bored if they are destroying that much stuff :eek:

Here is my favourite story of destruction...

I tethered one of my dogs, Jolene, in the backseat of my truck thinking that would keep her calmer between her turns to race (because she couldn't see the track, sound was muffled, etc). Wellll... I was wrong. She tore out the back of the driver's seat :rofl:

(I usually would have set up far away from the track, but also in the truck were my two 3-week-old bottlefeeding puppies that needed to be checked on, fed/pottied and have their hot water bottles changed often.)

She tore out every bit of padding and destroyed a few of the springs. I'm just glad she didn't destroy my seatbelt (I am a fanatic for safety). I never did get the seat repaired (the damage doesn't extend through to the front of the seat or make it uncomfortable)... when anyone asks what happened, I say it is a "Jolene Custom" :D And anyone who knows Jolene, just nods... She is quite the crazy one :happy:

And, of course, photos of the culprit...

05.21.17jolene01.jpg 04.15.17jolene01.jpg

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
As a dog trainer/behaviourist, I have to point out that those dogs are extremely understimulated/bored if they are destroying that much stuff :eek:

I tethered one of my dogs, Jolene, in the backseat of my truck thinking that would keep her calmer between her turns to race (because she couldn't see the track, sound was muffled, etc). Wellll... I was wrong. She tore out the back of the driver's seat :rofl:

(I usually would have set up far away from the track, but also in the truck were my two 3-week-old bottlefeeding puppies that needed to be checked on, fed/pottied and have their hot water bottles changed often.)

She tore out every bit of padding and destroyed a few of the springs. I'm just glad she didn't destroy my seatbelt (I am a fanatic for safety). I never did get the seat repaired (the damage doesn't extend through to the front of the seat or make it uncomfortable)... when anyone asks what happened, I say it is a "Jolene Custom" :D And anyone who knows Jolene, just nods... She is quite the crazy one :happy:

View attachment 303752 View attachment 303753

To clarify my Lucy was born bilaterally deaf and these incidents occurred during puppyhood. As you should know training a deaf dog is difficult and since she cannot respond to auditory correction (Example if she is in another room and cannot see me or if she is not facing me) training presents substantial challenges. She also has tremendous separation anxiety and has never responded to crate training. (Hence the crate and gate destruction) Every local trainer I contacted refused to work with a deaf dogs and I’d also like to note that deaf dogs are more often than not euthanized at birth. Despite her limitations though I have made tremendous progress with her. It has taken months of modifications on my part to get her into a routine and curb bad behaviors and frankly would not consider training a deaf pet to be remotely comparable to training a hearing pet.

trilluki

Arachnopeon
Bru, Tech Destroyer and Queen of the Bunk Beds has the most expensive kill list I've ever dealt with.

1 Surround Sound System
1 Stereo
1 Mattress
1 Entire Bed Set [She gave birth on my bed when I wasn't home instead of the 'nesting area' she had 'scoped out' for herself :banghead: Yes, the mattress died with it, may they rest together in peace.]
1 Laptop
2 Laptop Charging Cables
2 Cat Posts
1 Armchair
2 Leather Dining Chairs
2 Shirts
1 Dress
Countless Phone Chargers
And lastly, but most importantly, my money and my sanity :dead:

Attachments

Derivative

Arachnosquire

View attachment 303752 View attachment 303753
My dog Lucy is 2 years old and she gets to go on one hour long hikes in the wilderness each day. I have no clue why she is bored...…. Teal do you think that maybe she is just Lucifer in disguise..?
She also has a bad habit of grabbing food off the table due to the fact that her being a great dane makes her tall.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My dog Lucy is 2 years old and she gets to go on one hour long hikes in the wilderness each day. I have no clue why she is bored...…. Teal do you think that maybe she is just Lucifer in disguise..?
She also has a bad habit of grabbing food off the table due to the fact that her being a great dane makes her tall.
An hour long hike isn't much in the way of exercise for the majority of dogs.

Training/brain games are also needed, because if you don't exercise their *brain* in ways you approve of they'll find ways to amuse themselves that you probably won't like lol

Counter surfing can be solved with a little work.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I lost a sofa (a tibbie/tibetan spaniel -- whoda thunk it) but she completely destroyed one cushion (fabric and stuffing). It was an vintage sofa made with real damask/jacquard fabric in that slightly pale taupe/pinkish beige from the 1930s/40s. I still grieve over that sofa sometimes -- it was nearly 7 foot long. Had the thing for years -- no idea why one day she suddenly took her rage out on it!

I also went to good will and found a pair of size 13 mens work boots to put on my back deck (yannoe, an attempt to make anyone cutting through back yard think there was a man about the place) but she chewed the mess out of them before they were in the house even 2 hours. Oddly she never chewed a single shoe of mine (not to say I haven't had a cat puke in my shoes before -- lol)

She also destroyed her pet bed (my favourite -- it looked like a mini-sofa -- cute and matched my new sofa (not the vintage sofa she destroyed). All her toys always looked in mint condition, of course.
I can't remember every single thing she destroyed, much of it must not have meant much to me.
She RB in 2012 (age 15) and I'd give anything to have her back -- even if it meant a few more destructions. lol
[sorry no pix - edited to add: no destruction pix -- LOTS of pix of her -- lol]

Last edited:

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Our dogs are pretty good but we have 2 pigs atm and they are a menace, they stole my wife's iPhone and chewed up the front bar off her car, have destroyed numerous pens and electric fences and went next door and ate all the lotus lillies out of our neighbours pond. Their days are definitely numbered.