Gravid?!?

Scorpion Tom

Arachnoknight
Hi guys, this is a follow up to my other post. This is my female centruroides sculturatus. She is with a male but signs are very large increase in aggression and she is slowing down. she still eats small mealworms but idk if she is gravid.

Attachments

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm going to say premolt to me. You can see the new carapace formung underneath the old skin. In a gravid female the babies would not be so regular, more like blobs.

snippy

Arachnobaron
You can see the new carapace formung underneath the old skin. In a gravid female the babies would not be so regular, more like blobs.
Where do you see that?? How would you even look through the carapace? :)

The specimen does not seem too fat, so not seeing eggs/embryos is surely no criterion for saying "not gravid", they might show later on.
I would not speak of anything close to a molt either. Even if this was a juvenile (which I do not think), the tergites would gap much more significantly when it was close to molting.

But it is too soon to tell really!

Regards
Finn

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Where do you see that?? How would you even look through the carapace? :)

The specimen does not seem too fat, so not seeing eggs/embryos is surely no criterion for saying "not gravid", they might show later on.
I would not speak of anything close to a molt either. Even if this was a juvenile (which I do not think), the tergites would gap much more significantly when it was close to molting.

But it is too soon to tell really!

Regards
Finn
Hi Finn, maybe it's just me

snippy

Arachnobaron
I am not that informed on how the new cuticula is formed, but I doubt that the new tergites are formed in places, where there are no tergites over it. Meaning I don't think that what we see has anything to do with new tergites.

Regards
Finn