Gravid??

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just picked up a new emp from Petco, which checked out in all areas of health. The reason I bought it was because I believe it is gravid. Here is the closest pic I could get of it. So, let me know what you think.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would think it's gravid except it's a bit dark around the pleural membrane, between the tergites and on the sides of the body, but that could just be the lighting. It's possible it could be coming up on a molt. I'm curious as to what the pros on here think. From the picture I personally think it could be either.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Now im almost sure that this is pregnant. It looks exactly like most pictures of gravid emps, and is too active and strong to be molting. I cant wait for scorplings. I hope they come!

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I beleive this emps is in its 6th instar. Its is nice and fat and will probably moult soon. The reason i beleive this is because the lack of thickness in the last tergite segments. seems almost long for the scorp. The best way i can pick out an adult out of a group of emps is the size of the chela. Should be about the size of a Canadian (or american) Quarter.At the round part of corse.

Mat