Gravid death stalker

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi all, this is my second attempt at breeding them. the first time she had babies they appeared to be stillborn and she ate them. if anyone has any advice on this I'd really appreciate it.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hello,

IMO the best advice for pregnant scorpions is to have as little contact with them as possible

Keep them at optimum temps, maybe a bit more humid when it comes close to birthing time, and certainly don't poke the flashlight or camera on them any time near birthing either!

even opening their box to "check on them" can be enough stress to lose a few scorplings!

good luck!

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thank you, carnell! that really helps!

hey abyss! not much really. they are the ones I've had for like 4 years. I want to get a bunch of babies out of her before her time is up. I'm just hoping that I don't screw it up this time.

it's funny how they say that this is an aggressive species when my female has been a total sweetheart the whole time :)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brandon I know you take good care of your scorps man, could be it’s just an age thing and it’s going to be harder toward the ends of their life to get a successful batch. Just keep the enclosure dry, and try to keep her stress free. You going to be around the forum again?
-Eddy

BaddestRuffest

Arachnosquire
Lucky you can get the deathstalkers at all! Good luck though on getting some scorplings. How do you fancy shipping some to the UK.

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks, abyss. I'm gonna try my best to get a successful batch. and I haven't fixed my computer yet so it's pretty painstaking trying to operate on forums lol but whenever I do get it up and running I'll most likely be back.

as for selling the scorps, I'm not sure if I'd want to seeming how these are my favorite species and they're somewhat expensive to buy online. but I doubt I'm going to sell these, especially if it's a small brood. we will see.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck bro, whenever you fix your computer pm me on SF I want to discuss something with you.