Grass spiders

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Their awesome. HAve very nice webs. and are voracious eaters so now I am starting a nice appreciation thread! post your pix and thoughts of them here!

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
ganja spiders??? or is my mind somewhere it shouldn't be? ;) i need to get me some of them...

mactans

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A species of grass spider is very common here in Riverside, along with the Widows, Daddy Long-legs, and Harvestmen. Make very interesting pets and grow quite large 1-1.5".

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like their courtship. The male forcefully subdues the female and moves her about. The first breeding couple I had the male actualy ended up killing my largest female! he bit her in the leg then spun her up in silk. so lightly that if she wanted out she could get out. then he picked heru p by the leg and moved her to the middle of the tube. Once he was satisfied of her placement he began thickening the web of the tube.. tapping the entire time.. after about an hour he tapped on her and she broke out of the webbing and proceeded to add even more web to what he did.. then they finaly coupled up.. I rescued the male once they seperated [a day later!] and she ate and ate and ate.. but she died about a month later with no sac due to an abdomen rupture that slowly killed her 'the hole resembled that to a parasite existing or perhaps the male accidently bit her in the wrong place..My second female on the other hand courted with the male and habbitated with him until his short life ended due to old age. and has since produced to egg sacs neither of which have hatched yet.