Grammostola rosea Questions

Borealous

Arachnopeon
I could use some help with my grammostola rosea. 2 things actually. I've had her or a couple years now and she's one of the few very defensive ones. The past few months, she's been emptying her water onto the substrate. No idea why she does that. Doesn't worry me too much, I just refill it more often. What does bother me is a recent accident. I came back from a 2 day trip yesterday and saw that something had fallen over on her cage and she was in a corner with her legs curled up and one of them was going in the wrong direction. I was able to coax her to move with a paint brush, which is highly unusual since she usually spins around and attacks it with lightening speed. I couldn't see any damage to her abdomen or thorax. Today the leg has fallen off or she removed it. I'm sure her leg will be good as new when she molts, but she is still very meek acting and keeps all her legs curled up. It's very worrisome. I would appreciate any help as to what to do

Arianna Patterson

Arachnopeon
I could use some help with my grammostola rosea. 2 things actually. I've had her or a couple years now and she's one of the few very defensive ones. The past few months, she's been emptying her water onto the substrate. No idea why she does that. Doesn't worry me too much, I just refill it more often. What does bother me is a recent accident. I came back from a 2 day trip yesterday and saw that something had fallen over on her cage and she was in a corner with her legs curled up and one of them was going in the wrong direction. I was able to coax her to move with a paint brush, which is highly unusual since she usually spins around and attacks it with lightening speed. I couldn't see any damage to her abdomen or thorax. Today the leg has fallen off or she removed it. I'm sure her leg will be good as new when she molts, but she is still very meek acting and keeps all her legs curled up. It's very worrisome. I would appreciate any help as to what to do
My G Rosea also empties his water dish constantly. I have never witnessed him actually do it but I often imagine him playfully splashing about kicking it all over. I suppose I'm strange for giving him quite the playfully personality as I understand although all are different in behavior they dont necessarily have personalities. I dont think it's anything to worry about but because G Rosea are dessert species they dont like or need much moisture so perhaps she doesn't want that much water? Just an idea. I also know my guy loves to rearrange his house constantly, perhaps your girl is an interior decorator afficianto as well and is just feng shui'ing her pad? Sorry about the accident, I'm a noob so I'm not sure about injuries so I cant help much there. I hope she makes a strong recovery.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The G.rosea is probably not the one emptying the waterdish. It's more likely that she has attached some webbing to it which wicks te water away really fast, or some substrate.

Any idea on what happened exactly with her enclosure? Do you have cats?
It sounds like she got stuck with her leg somewhere en broke it, so she dropped it. What's the enclosure like, can you post pictures?

Borealous

Arachnopeon
She empties her water dish in a day and it's roughly half a cup.
The accident happened while we went on a 2 day getaway. I moved her to the closet. I have one cat, but that can't couldn't have gotten into the closet and she is never ever in the presence of mt T's.
Here's her enclosure

The good news is, she seems to back to her normal self. She's no longer curled up and she moves quickly again. She looks good.