Grammostola Pulchra Pricing

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Pirate Bay is up and running.

Downloaders got permits?
The potential consequences are much higher with illegally importing and exporting non-native and internationally protected species than downloading a bunk movie. With both, some get caught and some don’t. If you want to do it go ahead, just don’t complain if you get caught.

Debbie Mcclure

Arachnosquire
There are at least two "flippers" in the classifieds here, people who have spiders shipped to their door from over there and then resell them immediately for twice what they paid. There are also two regulars from overseas who have been in the classifieds for many years selling to here and who even have reviews on this site, so ........
Oh really?? I am sorry. I did not know that. Thnx for the info as well. I'll try to find them. I am very new to this hobby and have been looking for better ways to obtain these animals. I wish they had shows here like they do in different parts of the world. That would help to. Even the pet shops around where I live do not carry them. Again, thank you

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon
Oh really?? I am sorry. I did not know that. Thnx for the info as well. I'll try to find them. I am very new to this hobby and have been looking for better ways to obtain these animals. I wish they had shows here like they do in different parts of the world. That would help to. Even the pet shops around where I live do not carry them. Again, thank you
Look at this display by Spiderstore.de (Germany). I just attended the Hamburg, Pennsylvania expo on October 21, 2017 and three tarantula dealers were there: Netbug, Arachnoiden and Kamel Spiders. Together those three did not equal the display of Spiderstore.de. The difference between the spider hobby in the USA vs Europe is one of magnitude. It's the difference between a 7/11 store and a Wal-Mart. spider_store_expo.jpg

Debbie Mcclure

Arachnosquire
Look at this display by Spiderstore.de (Germany). I just attended the Hamburg, Pennsylvania expo on October 21, 2017 and three tarantula dealers were there: Netbug, Arachnoiden and Kamel Spiders. Together those three did not equal the display of Spiderstore.de. The difference between the spider hobby in the USA vs Europe is one of magnitude. It's the difference between a 7/11 store and a Wal-Mart. View attachment 255921
I have to say I agree,lol. I am subscribed to quite a few YouTubers and have enjoyed the expos they attend. I have to say I am jealous, lol. We have a few really good reputable dealers here but some species are extremely limited. Plus where I'm new to the hobby I have yet to learn all my buying options..

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon
I have to say I agree,lol. I am subscribed to quite a few YouTubers and have enjoyed the expos they attend. I have to say I am jealous, lol. We have a few really good reputable dealers here but some species are extremely limited. Plus where I'm new to the hobby I have yet to learn all my buying options..
Are you using the Chrome browser? That will translate into English for you. Europeans have no difficulty communicating with English speakers. Explore the Euro world of spiders, it's very interesting.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
What are you referring to??
I believe Angel Minkov is referring to the bit quoted in his post where @SingaporeB suggested that its okay to import inverts without permits because people download stuff off of pirate bay....

My suggestion would be to continue to watch the stuff for sale on this forum and check the major online US based dealers. One will pop up eventually and it will be a lot cheaper than the potential thousands and jailtime importing without permits will cost.

Debbie Mcclure

Arachnosquire
I believe Angel Minkov is referring to the bit quoted in his post where @SingaporeB suggested that its okay to import inverts without permits because people download stuff off of pirate bay....

My suggestion would be to continue to watch the stuff for sale on this forum and check the major online US based dealers. One will pop up eventually and it will be a lot cheaper than the potential thousands and jailtime importing without permits will cost.
Ok, ty Metalman. I been looking on here to. No, you're right. Not worth going to jail for..I agree 100%

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
You won't go to jail for buying a sling off of a seller, who illegally exported/imported gravid females or sacs. There is no way for them to prove it. Nevertheless, its wrong and should not be supported.

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon
Ok, ty Metalman. I been looking on here to. No, you're right. Not worth going to jail for..I agree 100%
No one ever went to jail or got fined for doing that. Read the reviews for SARNAC and Spidersworld.EU on this site.

I'm well read on Paul Becker, Ken the Bug Guy and the Koppler fellow from Germany if anyone wants to go there with me. That is 100% different than this subject, no relation whatsoever.

Ken ratted on Paul (both dealers in huge shipments over and over) and Paul snitched/informed on Koppler. Got nothing to do with individual collectors.

Really, really sick of the scare mongers ruining everyone's life.

That has got to be the dumbest thing I've read on this forum lol
You haven't read much then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
ADMIN NOTE: I feel this needs a reminder ..

From the Classifieds rules: "It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to know the laws of their respective countries regarding the import/export of the goods they are dealing in. (In most cases on this site, arachnids or other "arachnopets".) For those members residing in the United States, it is ILLEGAL to import or export without the appropriate permits. If the person you are dealing with has the appropriate permits for their country, that has NO bearing on the fact that YOU must ALSO have the appropriate permits in the U.S. "Brown Boxing"* is not only illegal, it's stupid. If you're caught, the least of your worries will be the impounding of the "Brown Box" and the worst could be some hefty fines as well as jail time."

In addition, it is helping to put another nail in the coffin of what is left of our hobby. Is being selfish that important to anyone that they are willing to risk our hobby, or what's left of it? If you do not think it contributes to destroying our hobby, then you are all mistaken. I wonder what will these selfish people do when the hobby is banned outright and then there will be nothing left to import/export? Because if you think that at that time the risk is simply a fine, then you have another thing coming.

From the Terms and Service part of our rules: "You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws." This means that any discussion encouraging anything illegal on this site is a direct violation of our rules, terms and service. Risking a possible suspension, if not outright ban from the site in it's entirety. If anyone notices any discussions of the sort, please report it to us. All reports are confidential.

P.S. - Any and all discussion of seller + item + price = classifieds ad is strictly prohibited in the discussion forums as well. Classifieds posts can ONLY be posted in the classifieds section.

Thanks,

Debby

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
And they either have the proper permits or they are doing it illegally...
Well, @SingaporeB since you disagree with my statement, what is the third option that I’m missing? Its pretty cut and dry. Permits= legal import, no permits= illegal import.

Even the mods left you a nice thorough description.

Last edited:

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
They are! Keepers who own them also subject them to bountiful feeding lol. A skinny pulchra just doesn't look right
I would never overfeed my pulchra... 20171030_085227.jpg

In regards to pricing I think I paid 150 for the little one in the last photo, which would normally be outrageous but she is molt sexed female by a very reputable dealer so worth it imo. I also only handled her as it was the easiest way to re-house with such a calm spider, I normally don't handle Ts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Produce one example to back this up. Hobbyist arrested/fined for "brown boxing".

ONE example.
One brown boxing example?

How about petcenterusa? A popular dealer who only recently went out of business for something unrelated.

Huge thread on it, I'm sure you could find it.

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon
One brown boxing example?

How about petcenterusa? A popular dealer who only recently went out of business for something unrelated.

Huge thread on it, I'm sure you could find it.
No sir. I already addressed that.

I said: "Hobbyist" arrested/fined for brown boxing.

Paul Becker was a huge dealer in the USA who was rated off by Ken The Bug Guy.

Try again.

HOBBYIST