1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grammostola iheringi breeding

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by 1Lord Of Ants1, Nov 12, 2017.

1. 1Lord Of Ants1

1Lord Of Ants1 Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    I have a 6 inch female and a recently molted pen-ulimate male and was curious if anyone here has had first hand experience with pairing and sac production. Apparently the latter is what troubles people the most if the female is not cycled properly, but specifics on doing so seem to be lacking. Any input would be appreciated!

5E2F3591-646F-4DF7-BCCE-6AE477AFB7FC.jpeg 70709D13-560D-4FE8-9674-9EE4C006F256.jpeg D4D82E6E-17AF-4023-A4CE-C9F11C95B282.jpeg

2. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

I would also like to read some info on these. Following.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

There's a scientific paper on their breeding among other things if I recall correctly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Clarification Please Clarification Please x 1
  4. 1Lord Of Ants1

Do you have a link or something of the sort? I can’t seem to find any papers on the topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

I don't. Use Google, that's how I found the paper.

6. 1Lord Of Ants1

Bumping this in hopes of someone sharing their secrets with this species. Male is getting close to molting.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Kydog100

Kydog100 Arachnopeon Active Member

The Grammostola Iheringi is terribly hard to mate you should have been doing research way before this point if you wanted to mate them

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Tangled

Tangled Arachnopeon Active Member

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Uruguayan_theraphosids_Araneae_Mygalomorphae

I can't find anything specific for this species but that article includes their observation on G. iheringi and others. Their laboratory temperatures are listed by month in one of their graphs. As for egg sacs, they comment that most of theirs were eaten or abandoned. Perhaps if you get a sac, you should "pull it." They do comment that in their field observations, males were active in October, so presumably, they mate, then she chills for the winter and makes the sac in the spring. There are articles on 'winterizing' Brachypelma hamorii (smithi) you could reference for that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnobaron Active Member

10. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

That’s why the OP posted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1