Grammostola eggsacs :)

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey all, I've been on vacation for a while, and I returned and the spiders gave me some good news!

Captive breeding of my Grammostola ''chalcothrix - fasciata variant'' and Grammostola ''alticeps'' (mollicoma). Both females were mated and produced sacs, now I just have to wait for the results!

The G. mollicoma sac doesn't look too good...but well, she's taking good care of it and only time will tell if it's good or not. The G. chalcothrix looks very good... big and fluffy.

Anyway I'm already happy no matter what because these spiders are not easy at all to breed in captivity and this is a great step in learning about their breeding.

Some pics:

G. ''alticeps'' mollicoma with sac:

G. chalcothrix - fasciata constructing heavily: (she's under that thick silk)

And now taking care of her hard work

That's it for now :)

Pato-

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the sacs man.. hope they turn out well.

I've a question, is the G.Alticeps and G.Mollicoma the same?:?

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank's man. G. alticeps and G. mollicoma are not supposed to be the same. BUT, the real G. alticeps (if there is one) is not in the hobby...the one being called G. alticeps is the real G. mollicoma according to the description paper and most south-american arachnologists. That's why I put G. ''alticeps'' -mollicoma- 'cause most people knows this tarantula as Grammostola alticeps.

Hope it's not a messy explanation hehe :D

Pato-

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pato!
You alive! didnt get eaten by locals, lol
Welcome back, I cant wait to see the wonderful pictures you got back from ur journey
Great news on Grammostola sacs
them Girls know how to greet the 'Master' :D

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haha thank's Ana! I'm still alive, but I still haven't made the Amazonas journey! I was just relaxing at the beach!! hehe:D getting ready for my next trip...this is a busy summer for me ;)

Ohhh the Brachys girls should learn from them!! {D

Pato-

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great news! Can you tell us were there any special care before the sacks? Did you cool your females before breeding? Thanks in advance!

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
CONGRATULATIONS! :clap: :clap:
Awesome news for the hobby in general.... And we'll be watching for your slings when they become available. :D

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
CONGRATULATIONS! :clap: :clap:
Awesome news for the hobby in general.... And we'll be watching for your slings when they become available. :D
In Argentina.

pato - You have magic! Please share. My G.pulchra will not drop sacs.:(

Will you be alowed to sell them where you live?

Gaston

Arachnopeon
Congrats pato!!!

This is a great notice...
Good look with their sacs!! {D

CoKi

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank's all! They had winter in my house as they do in the wild. G. mollicoma didn't molt in about 1.5 years, G. chalcothrix molted, mated and made the sac about a month after that. She was mated several times before her molt and after it...the male was left with her and killed before egglaying. Her eggsac looks very healthy, but the G. mollicoma doesn't look too good, I'll take it away anytime soon...though the mom takes good care of it, but I'm almost sure it's not good.
IF I get slings, I would sell and trade some for sure, but don't want to think much about it yet as I haven't got any yet hehe...
I'll keep you guys updated :)

Best wishes,
Pato-

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is so wonderful!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have many healthy babies!!!!!

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What were the temperatures you cool them to? I mean what are winter temps in your room with those tarantulas?

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And the results from the G. chalcothrix:

Some eggs were dryed, others were stuck to some slings fangs hehe.

The G. mollicoma eggs went bad :( As I was afraid...it was not fertile. At least the other eggsack was ok!

Pato-

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Babies!! sorry for the loss of the other eggsac. have you counted yet? :)