Grammostola actaeon

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Grammastola actaeon: Brazilian Red Rump. Also known in the mid 90's as Grammastola gigantea: Goliath Red and Blue. Fuzzy bluish/black with a stunning red abdomen. Slightly larger as adults and more docile than their cousins, Grammastola iheringi. Beautiful 5" female pictured. Can't get enough of these guys!

N-Joy
Art

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks fantastic \^0^/

spooky coincidence i was just considering whether i should get one of these and i think you made my mind up :D

got any more pics :) ?

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very fuzzy and adorable!! I'm guessing they're fairly docile with few exceptions? Do you have any of these for sale?

Later,

Jake

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very pretty T, One more for the list..... Looks like a Pulchra with a red abdomen

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actaeon get all black as they mature, don't they?

Nice little critter though.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Art...

OoOoOoOo! I want..
Peace, light & eternal love..
Gillian
)0(

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kinda looks like G. mollicoma (sp?) doesn't it?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Damn, I wish I didn't have a hair sensitivity. That is one awesome looking spider.

Jon

p.s. Anyone know if there is a spider similar to that in appearance from the OW?

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
looks like a black&red pinktoe speices to me kinda,becuz of its hairs.:)

Josh

Tstorm

Arachnopeon
I just bought 2 spiderlings sold only as "Brazilian Red Rump". Hope they're G. actaeon, but too small to tell.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you got them in the $10-$20 range my guess would be that they are mismarked B. Vagans "Mexican Redrumps" However if in the $30-$50 range would more likely be one. But you never know:} Good luck there, Greg

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This T is number one on my list beautiful is all I can say with my mouth open

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. actaeon

This T is number one on my list beautiful is all I can say with my mouth open

I would agree, at or certainly at or near the top of my personal favorite list!

Not very flicky at all, G. actaeon actually start out pretty small with a red rump and black hairs overall while a B. vagan would need to get around an inch long before darkening up. We have seen several Brazilian red rumps sold at pet stops that were actually Mexican Red Rumps (B. vagans). G. actaeon are rarely offered.

N-Joy
Art

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I picked up a G. actaeon sling from Spiderpatch earlier this year and they are great. When small they look kinda like C. cyaneobubescens without the blue.

Adrian

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Die Tiere sollen sehr groß werden, bis zu 10 cm Körperlänge. Die erwachsenen Tiere sollen vollständig schwarz sein, mit einem metallischen Schimmer."

From vogelspinnenwelt.de.

Hm, how do these look different than G. pulchras after reaching adulthood? A deeper more shiny black, perhaps?

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and it looks like red setae on the abdomen as well... (as a difference from G. pulchra)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very Beautiful species how is there temperment is it like all Grammastola spp. fairly docile . **adds another to list** yall are not helping me slow down buying spiders ya know hehe :}

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful T Art!! I'll have to be on the lookout for one of these.

Andy