Grab bag tarantula from KenTheBugGuy

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been so tempted by this, but I don't want to end up with a pokie or OBT that I'm not ready for.
i'm sure you could tell him that in your order and he'll pick you out some reasonable T's.... or ask for some scorpions instead :)

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm sure you could tell him that in your order and he'll pick you out some reasonable T's.... or ask for some scorpions instead :)
Exactly... :) Funny thing is, in my opinion the Obt's are much more agressive, posses less potent venom then the pokies and then the pokies (individual personnality, permitting) are more skittish rather then defensive but posses venom that is much more potent... Guess you gotta decide between potentcy or agression. :p Or neither ofcourse but Kmon :D

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually, they're not aggressive at all.
Obts aren't?! Or are you saying Pokies aren't :?? I know pokies, aren't agressive, I didn't say they were.
Sorry, I'm just little confused as to which genus you were talking about; Pterinochilus or Poecilotheria?

Last edited:

tekkendarklord

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Obts aren't?! Or are you saying Pokies aren't :?? I know pokies, aren't agressive, I didn't say they were. :)
LOL....
they're not aggressive, they're just really defensive...:)

I haven't seen my obt attack my hand when I tried to reach for some logs and other stuff inside it's enclosure but I've seen the obt tried to bite me when I attempted to handle it....

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Obt

Mines just skittish not aggro.Can we please not make a whole nether thread about a post and get back to the grab bag.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know making a bunch of posts about not derailing the thread is in it's own way a derailment?

Anyway, I'm curious to see what would be in this grab bag myself. It's a good idea.

Cass

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...man, we really the popcorn guy emoticon.........anyways....keep us posted on whats in the bag......the suspense is killing me................................not really

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow my bad... I posted something in reply to ametan's comment about the obt and pokie (regarding the grab-bag) and got a reply I wasn't clear on. I only meant to clearup that confusion for myself but, yes, sure sorry for derailing the thread...I have to agree with Mack&Cass that half a page of comments against me kinda contradicts your statement...

I can agree that Obts are defensive, as aposed to agressive. :)

Thanks, carry on with your grab bag thread.

mOtOjUnKiE

Arachnopeon
No they're talking about the Brachypelma species that doesn't eat or use animal products. They're against eating crickets and roaches, they prefer a light salad with balsamic dressing. My B. vegan also has a PETA membership.
I'm dying over here laughing :clap:

As for the Grab Bags, I'm dying to see what's in it too...would be funny if you're still really new to the hobby & you get some T's you're VERY not ready for yet hehe

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good One!

No they're talking about the Brachypelma species that doesn't eat or use animal products. They're against eating crickets and roaches, they prefer a light salad with balsamic dressing. My B. vegan also has a PETA membership. {D
Even Funnier that some others comments were outta Context as well :p {D

Oh, and Grom.....Best COMBO Quote in sig I've seen so far :clap:

Now: 2 go purchase my Grab Bag :razz: