Got Tarantula Memes?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I'm not as funny as I think I am, so I'ma just leave these here and then see myself out. :cool:

2018-08-02 16.55.16.jpg 2018-08-03 23.41.00.jpg 2018-08-03 23.49.51.jpg 2018-08-03 23.54.31.jpg 2018-08-04 00.25.13.jpg

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I like the first and the last one, but I don't get the ones in between I'm afraid :embarrassed:
They're more recent memes, but now that I think about it it's possible they're mainly known in the US.

The scorpion one is based on a series of videos that can be searched using the title "Cot Dangit Elizabeth!" (it's not actually "dangit", but I figured that the real word might not be acceptable on here) where a boyfriend follows around his girlfriend who's trying to exercise and be on a diet but very routinely cheats on the diet and gets yelled at by him. I don't think I can post any actual videos from the series because they almost all include the previously mentioned phrase with a possibly bad word.

The "Do not jump my queen!" one is based on an absolutely absurd meme called Ugandan Knuckles. That one mainly features a deformed version of Knuckles from the Sonic game series asking people if they "know the way". But there's another one where a small hoard of them try to convince their "queen" in a virtual reality game not to jump off the edge of the screen, and one famously says "I'll jump first!", jumps off the screen, and the rest follow suite

They're both completely ridiculous and awful, but I find them much funnier than I probably should :rofl:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
They're more recent memes, but now that I think about it it's possible they're mainly known in the US.

The scorpion one is based on a series of videos that can be searched using the title "Cot Dangit Elizabeth!" (it's not actually "dangit", but I figured that the real word might not be acceptable on here) where a boyfriend follows around his girlfriend who's trying to exercise and be on a diet but very routinely cheats on the diet and gets yelled at by him. I don't think I can post any actual videos from the series because they almost all include the previously mentioned phrase with a possibly bad word.

The "Do not jump my queen!" one is based on an absolutely absurd meme called Ugandan Knuckles. That one mainly features a deformed version of Knuckles from the Sonic game series asking people if they "know the way". But there's another one where a small hoard of them try to convince their "queen" in a virtual reality game not to jump off the edge of the screen, and one famously says "I'll jump first!", jumps off the screen, and the rest follow suite

They're both completely ridiculous and awful, but I find them much funnier than I probably should :rofl:
Ah, that clears things up a bit. I watch comment awards on YT when I need to just put my mind on dumb to get a rest so I am familiar with some memes. I was into memes when they started, they looked like this though:
https://goo.gl/images/yK2kne

Man, I feel old....:oldman:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Ah, that clears things up a bit. I watch comment awards on YT when I need to just put my mind on dumb to get a rest so I am familiar with some memes. I was into memes when they started, they looked like this though:
https://goo.gl/images/yK2kne

Man, I feel old....:oldman:
I remember and miss those memes. I pretty much exclusively say "me gusta" when I like something now. There's a handful of modern memes that are absolute gold, but a lot of them are just disappointing because people have no regard for other people or property that isn't theirs.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I remember and miss those memes. I pretty much exclusively say "me gusta" when I like something now. There's a handful of modern memes that are absolute gold, but a lot of them are just disappointing because people have no regard for other people or property that isn't theirs.
What bothers me the most about today's memes are the words that get mangled until there isn't a hint of proper grammar in them. ''do u no the wey?' , like, seriously? And people wonder why teenage kids lack proper grammar skills...

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
I have a meme but it has some adult language in it so I don’t think I can post it :rofl: