Got New tarantula! What kind is it?

Peacockgar51

Arachnopeon
I purchased this species on craigslist.it was labeled as a Brazilian and white knee. When I got the the sellers house, it looked nothing like it, I still bought it any way. She LOVESICK to kick hairs too
What is some basic care? Best part, she is a 4 inches and I bought it for $25 yes, 25!! She doesn't appear to be sick so I'm not sure why she is so cheap. Are they rare in America? What species is it? Is it a female?

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Nhandu coloratovillosus.

Not particularly rare, but a good find.

No way to tell from those pics.

They appreciate a little moisture btw.

Peacockgar51

Arachnopeon
Nhandu coloratovillosus.

Not particularly rare, but a good find.

No way to tell from those pics.

They appreciate a little moisture btw.
Wow, I looked at some pics and that's it all right so about what percent humidity? And is 75 degrees ok for them?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Wow, I looked at some pics and that's it all right so about what percent humidity? And is 75 degrees ok for them?
Humidity numbers should not be chased and monitered. You'd think that's a bad idea, but those hygrometers are usually way off and sometimes lead keepers to making swamps chasing that perfect number.

Overflow the water dish rather heavily every other week or so. Keep about half and half if you know what I mean.

That temp is perfect.

lateapexpredator

So angry
Got a sling as a freebie.

Research says they don't need super moist substrate but a bit of humidity can't hurt. They can be defensive and their hair flicking is on par with some of the worst such as the Theraphosas. Keep your hands away from it and wear some gloves/mask/long sleeves, and keep a full water bowl present and all shall be well.

Here's mine when I got it and about an hour ago "stalking" a "dead" cricket.

Attachments