Got My P. Rufilata Today

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
5025E26D-E815-43FC-95F9-8294ECAC4C5B.jpeg
Very calm compared to trying to rehouse my C lividus. This guy just calmly walked to this temporary enclosure from the shipping vial. With a few nudges from a small paint brush. It’s on a cricket in this photo. I’d say it’s close to 1 3/4 inches in DLS. About half the size of my B. Hamorii sling that is over 2 1/2 inches DLS. Got this one from Jamie’s Ts. I also got an A geniculata, but it’s a tiny 1/3 of inch sling. Very hard to photograph with an iPhone camera.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Nice! Hope you enjoy your new T and make sure to take some photos of it as it grows! Maybe that'll convince me into thinking that arboreals aren't so bad :troll:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Maybe bc there is glare in the pic so I can’t tell but do you have something for it to web up against that’s a little vertical? Like fake leaves on a plastic vine or a piece of cork bark?

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
Maybe bc there is glare in the pic so I can’t tell but do you have something for it to web up against that’s a little vertical? Like fake leaves on a plastic vine or a piece of cork bark?
There is some bark right above it. It took the cricket to the ground after catching it. This is only a temporary enclosure until I get the vertical Amac container from the container store tomorrow. Was hoping it would arrive at the same time but it didn’t.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
There is some bark right above it. It took the cricket to the ground after catching it. This is only a temporary enclosure until I get the vertical Amac container from the container store tomorrow. Was hoping it would arrive at the same time but it didn’t.
Pro tip: If you want a step up from the AMAC boxes, I suggest going to your nearest Hobby Lobby and buying a $6 (they always have a 40% off coupon) model car display case.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Aww I love baby pokies! They're just so cute with their miniature sized markings and always interesting behavior.