Got my obt's

Kel_420

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They got here around 2:00 today and I did'nt get home and started on them untill around 9:30. Had to bake some wood and substrate and this is what I came up with to get them out and streched.I hate the fact that I made them wait so long.Most people seem to have gotten theirs yesterday.
Ryan is a master packer,I think you could have dropped a bowling ball on my package and the Ts would be fine!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Where do you get these containers at?

Krazy Kat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you baked the wood?If I find some wood to use,is that what I should do??

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
got mine on friday and they are fast i was at my fathers house so did not get to see them till today but i got home and i look one webbed up its straw i was kinda shocked to see that lol

ThistleWind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I put one in the vial the three came in, and the other two in glass baby food jars, they seem to be liking it so far.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
OBTs are weird ones. Both the ones I've had have been very timid and hide if disturbed at all. As a result I pretty much never get to see them. But I still love em and think they are an awesome species. What is it about the little monsters that makes em so likeable??

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
not kidding after putting the first one in 3 min after it was in its webbing in the corner and also cant they get out of the lid that ryan sent for shipping the wholes are about as large as the straws if anyone has put theirs in ther let me know

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not kidding after putting the first one in 3 min after it was in its webbing in the corner and also cant they get out of the lid that ryan sent for shipping the wholes are about as large as the straws if anyone has put theirs in ther let me know
Hey here is what I did. I put one in the cup and I sealed the holes up with masking tape. (the sticky side is pointing out of the cage) Then I poked the holes in the masking tape..she/he hasn't escaped yet.

SugrSean

Arachnopeon
Here they are...despite my suckiness with a camera

OK, my wife left the camera at my mom's house, but we got it back. I don't have anything fancy, but thought I'd post my setups. They're larger than most seem to recommend, but with decent hiding spots, they seem to make some nice burrows and if they have a hard time hunting, I just take a leg or two off the prey. These guys seem to do just fine with their quickness, though!

Picture 1 is all three of the OBT's...you may notice the "T, S, A" on the labels. "A" is Alvin, the second one I got out who decided to run in circles around and up my arm. "T" is Theodore, the first one I got out. When I got him out of his straw, he went straight underground and stayed there for over a day. And "S" is Simon...he seems to have the most intricate burrows and webbing up to this point. He's also the first one to start webbing a path up and across the jar he's in. All names, with any luck, can be changed to Alvina, Simone, and Theodora;)

Pic 2 is a close up...you can see the air holes, the bark, and the substrate (1 part vermiculite, 5 parts peat).

Pic 3 is two of my favorite things...T's and good bourbons/whiskeys. Up top is my B. emilia, left of the OBT's is my G. aureostriata, and the plastic jars contain my OBT's (A pack of three from Michaels for $9).

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice little setups. And I wouldn't worry about the size. The day an OBT struggles to find its food will be a grim day for spider kind, lol.

ThistleWind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of my little ones left the straw for a bit, but I woke up and checked on him and he was back in it (I left it in the enclosure).

The other one I cannot see, but I see some webbing on the substrate, I assume he's burrowed?

dannax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i can't wait to get mine! i'm letting my 3 nephews name them!