Got my first Tarantula yesterday

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are nocturnal creatures and not very active. Surely you weren’t expecting an active animal....

There is no time limit for web formation.

Don’t worry so much.

BenB619

Arachnopeon
They are nocturnal creatures and not very active. Surely you weren’t expecting an active animal....

There is no time limit for web formation.

Don’t worry so much.
I knew they were nocturnal and not very active, still asking nooby questions, I’m used to worrying about making a mistake but she’s still alive so im doing something right, hopefully getting some more T’s in the new year

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I knew they were nocturnal and not very active, still asking nooby questions, I’m used to worrying about making a mistake but she’s still alive so im doing something right, hopefully getting some more T’s in the new year
So you asked questions that you already knew the answers to. Be confident in what you know.

Next time I’m going to ask what you know first before answering you.

BenB619

Arachnopeon
So you asked questions that you already knew the answers to. Be confident in what you know.

Next time I’m going to ask what you know first before answering you.
I’ll try be more confident and I’m sure next time I won’t be asking any questions that I already know the answer too aha, cheers for the advice tho

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Also, I think some of those plants are alive. If so, make sure they don't have pesticides.

BenB619

Arachnopeon
Also, I think some of those plants are alive. If so, make sure they don't have pesticides.
The only plant this alive is the miniature tree, i had that a week before I got the T, and rinsed all of the leaves off and got rid of all the original dirt it was in and rinsed all the roots (hopefully there isn’t a pesticide in sight on it)

The only plant this alive is the miniature tree, i had that a week before I got the T, and rinsed all of the leaves off and got rid of all the original dirt it was in and rinsed all the roots (hopefully there isn’t a pesticide in sight on it)

Last edited by a moderator:

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
I'd take out the humidity gauge and temp probe if I were you. No offence, but you strike me as a person that will obsess over keeping the humidity and temp in a certain range. Temp and humidity change all the time and chasing the numbers can end up in a dead animal (or more likely stress on the animal, mold, pests, etc.).

Just keep a water dish in there filled all the time and the rest on the dry side with plenty of ventilation and you will be golden.

Full disclosure: I have no direct experience with Avic care, but I know a gal that does!

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Where did you get the fake plants? They look very real!