Got my dark-banded E. rubripes today

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Well, I just got my dark-banded E. rubripes from Dad's place today. Glad as I was that it wasn't part of the escapee club, I was a little shocked by the fact that he had kept it on next to no substrate purely so that, in his words, he would be able to see it more often.

Anyway, I was going to film a video today, but there's a small construction project going on in an adjacent apartment (it'll be done in a couple of days), so the background noise would have been unbearable. The pede is a good size, about 15cm BL, and isn't nearly as psychotic as Azog was, so I imagine that handling will be a lot easier with this one. I'll be filming a video in a couple of days of me setting up the new pede - it's still in a temporary enclosure for the time being, as Dad forgot to bring a drill, making the box I bought useless for the time being. I'll probably also handle Azog in the video, so you all can see how docile it has become. Oh, and I've decided to name this pede Gothmog, in keeping with the Middle Earth theme.

Anyway, here's a pic. This is not the same pede as the one I got; it dashed under a piece of bark almost immediately, but it is the same colour form.
IMG_0158.JPG

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
So, I managed to snap a few pics with my phone, although they don't show the colour too well. I didn't attempt handling because it was chewing on literally everything (bits of sphagnum moss, the tongs, my fingers etc.) IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG