got it

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought it. Now all I have to do is figure out what it is for sure. Here are a few pics, Will get better ones after I get it in its new home. Any guesses as to what it is would be great.

Last edited:

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
first guess is P.lugardi.
How much did you pay for it?

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
40 bucks. Its about5 inches but have not actually measured yet. So just guessing.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
first guess is P.lugardi.
How much did you pay for it?
I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to post first for fear of being labeled a noob (which would be rightfully so) :p
Without seeing the abdominal markings (and the rest of the spider for that matter), it's hard to say. What is its personality like?

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Going to get better pics when she calms down and decoils. She is defensive till you actually call her bluff them she is so far pretty calm.
Had a time getting her out of that small kk. She spread out and wouldnt budge.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It started out as a brown birdeater, Then it was a brown treespider, Then when I bought it it was just a brown Turantula. I thought it might be a T. Blondi but after getting it out and getting a good look at it I think not.
It is ready for a molt and I am hoping I didnt wait to long to get her out of there. They use sponges for the T's. and they had her for 6 weeks so I guess I will wait and see if she does ok or not. Last visit in there she looked much better.
They have another I am pretty sure is H.Minax. Its on sand with a sponge and a heat lamp. :wall: :wall: And yes I have told them this doesnt work for T's but they dont change it.

Sabatta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like Chilobrachys Huahini. Give it some nice soft peat or cocofiber to dig around in. Keep the tank humid and keep your fingers out. I read they can obtain a 9" legspan. Never had one myself but would like to one day. Enjoy her/him.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like Chilobrachys Huahini. Give it some nice soft peat or cocofiber to dig around in. Keep the tank humid and keep your fingers out. I read they can obtain a 9" legspan. Never had one myself but would like to one day. Enjoy her/him.
I agree. I have one and they are pretty nasty. Watch those fingers!!! lol

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fully agree with Chilobrachys. Have 3 adults of different species and look the same.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just goes to show that no matter what time I post, I'm still a noob. {D :8o

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I vote Chilobrachys huahini also because of the uniform orange-brown coloration, legginess and john holmesish spinneretes.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, It wasnt what I really wanted but its a new spider and if I would of left it it probably would of died. Its in the closet where its nice and dark on some damp ground eating and has a water dish instead of a sponge so I hope it does well.
One question. All the picks I have looked at I am not seeing hooks. Do the MM hook out or not.

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chilobrachys do not get hooks... In the pics I don't even seen boxing gloves so I think you're in the clear w/ it not being a MM right now.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope your right cause I really dont need a male. But I did check out the palps and they dont look like a male so I am going to say its female for now. She is still eating. Got to get her fattened up a bit.
I really wish I would of known what it was before I transfered her to her new home. She was being so calm I actually was not being carefull at all. All went fine so I guess I got lucky and wont be so careless in the future.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to pronounce her name or I guess I can just avoid it by useing the common name. The first part is pretty easy but the second just dont come out right.
Going to try to get some good pics tomorrow and see if I can figure out a sex for sure.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice of you to buy your T her own car! :D