Got in my first scorpions yesterday!

bowyorang

Arachnopeon
Received 5 Grosphus ankarana and 3 Hoffmannius spinigerus.

Received them all in good health, but unfortunately I came home from work today to find one of the Ga's dead. Still got four though so I am hoping for better luck.
I am second thinking my enclosures though, at least for the Ga's. I had put some cork bark on the sides of the 4" cubes that I made for them and a couple of them have gotten behind it and refuse to some out! Their not stuck, they will move around, but won't come out to where the food is... I may have to rethink their enclosure this weekend.
The Hs's though seem to be very active and started after the food as soon as I dropped it in.
Anyway, I can see it may take a little trial and error raising these. :biggrin:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You might want to remove the crickets a few days with the G.a. Mine are starting to molt. I bet your's will be molting in a few days. These guys don't always grow as fat as some other species before they molt. It can kind of sneek up on you. PM me when it gets cooler, I'll see about getting you a replacment.

John

bowyorang

Arachnopeon
You might want to remove the crickets a few days with the G.a. Mine are starting to molt. I bet your's will be molting in a few days. These guys don't always grow as fat as some other species before they molt. It can kind of sneek up on you. PM me when it gets cooler, I'll see about getting you a replacment.

John
Thanks for the advice John! I went out this morning and 3 of the G.a. had drug their prey back behind the bark and was munching down on them. Only one was not. I figure I'll wait till this afternoon and pull all that hasn't been eaten.
Thanks also for the offer on the replacement! I really didn't expect you to have to do that. I may be wanting some other scorplings from you by then so we can talk about that later. Thanks!
I'll be watching for the molt. What other signs will they show?