...got another new T:)

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A couple of days ago I picked up a 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch H. lividum sling. It is hopefully the first of many haplos, so I'm pretty psyched. One question, though: How the heck am I supposed to get pics to post without digging the thing up? It has already made a pet hole of itself, as has my H. maculata sling. I see all these great pics you guys take, but I can't figure out how you get the T's out in the open...:wall:

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You take the pics when you are rehousing or if you are lucky enough to catch it above ground.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey matt-

Haps are so beautiful you are lucky to get a peek once'n a while, every month, two? {D Seriously, they do show themselves only that often. I guess when you tell us you have a new blue, we all just thnk, Ahhhhh..... and REMEMBER what they look like! {D {D {D

congrats to you and to HRH

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i take pix at night von...there normally never out till then...i feed them too so they come out somewhat when they feel the prey moving, congrats on the pickup..

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the input guys. I do find them out at night, but as soon as I approach the cage, let alone try to open it for a picture, they are gone like lightning down the burrow.:wall:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My female Lividum stays in her burrow almost 24/7. The only good pics I have of her is when I 1st introduced her to her new digs. She crawled around and posed a few times for me. Now, I do get to see her as her burrow is dug down in the front left corner of her k.keeper, but she is camera shy bigtime.
Even when I toss crickets to mine she stays put. Good luck on getting pics!