Got a B. Hamorii!

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
Went to my local exotics shop this morning to see the B Emilia they had. Took one look at a B Hamorii and fell in love! It moulted last night and looks so beautiful! I'm going to remove the moult and try and sex my new fluffy friend!

Attachments

WoofSpider

Arachnosquire
I got my B. hamorii over a year ago. And I'm getting a B. emilia tomorrow. No need to limit yourself to just one. There's tons of Brachys to collect!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Went to my local exotics shop this morning to see the B Emilia they had. Took one look at a B Hamorii and fell in love! It moulted last night and looks so beautiful! I'm going to remove the moult and try and sex my new fluffy friend!
I've only just realised. YOU'VE bought a T?!?

Congratulations and you honestly couldn't have bought a better one. My lass is my favourite.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone! Yes, Basin79, it's me who can't hold jumping spiders! Gone and got myself a 'proper' spider. It's actually less scary as it doesn't move much! It's about 5cm, massive in comparison to my versicolor slings. I can't believe I couldn't put its box down and had to buy it! I'm going to leave it a week since it's only just moulted, then rehouse it.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
You got a B Hamorii over a B Emilia? o_O okay then . . .

Gratz on a successful molt! :)

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
You got a B Hamorii over a B Emilia? o_O okay then . . .

Gratz on a successful molt! :)
Thanks! It moulted overnight at the shop. Yeah, I did choose this over the Emilia! This T was sat on top of its cork showing a lot more colour than the Emilia. I preferred the look of this one!

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Indeed. A Brachypelma hamorii (damn you, damn you name change) as THE quintessential tarantula.
I'm lucky enough to have a real smithi (annitha) aswell and a B emilia, i actually prefer the emilia out of all the red legged Mexican tarantulas but i wouldn't be upset if i only a 1 and it was B hamorii

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Thanks! It moulted overnight at the shop. Yeah, I did choose this over the Emilia! This T was sat on top of its cork showing a lot more colour than the Emilia. I preferred the look of this one!
I made difficult decision a few years back to get B emilia instead of B smithi/hamorii -- difficult decision but no regrets. Seller had both, but I went with sub-adult GBB for second T instead.
I consider B smith/hamorii a hobby classic -- and still want one... but gotta adore B emilia. Truthfully -- I think they are both gorgeous.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
I may well get the Emilia too at some point! I'm quite excited about the new T!

I can only put it down to a midlife crisis! Basin79 knows I'm scared if spiders. Not full on phobic, but never liked them. I fell in love with a female Regal jumper who laud a fertile sac, so I've had constant exposure therapy since March! This time last year I would not have used the word 'cute' to describe a spider. Now I have over 20 jumping spiders and 3 tarantulas! Quite proud of how far I've come so far. Now I just need to be able to handle my adult jumpers.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I recently got 0.0.3 slings very small can't until they reach the size of yours, hopefully I'll end up with 1.2.0

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Indeed. A Brachypelma hamorii (damn you, damn you name change) as THE quintessential tarantula.
I only use mexican redknee. When the scientific names get more confusing than the common, use the common. This is also the most famous tarantula in the hobby, so the common name should suffice.