Gorilla at the Denver Zoo...

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Yeah he's thinking "I bet he'd taste damn good smothered in green chile' and Monterey Jack with a Coors to wash him down.....mmmmmmmmm MMMM!"

LOL :D

John
];')

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I know what you mean, they have a few at Busch Gardens in Tampa. When I lived there I would go in the summer, and everytime that gorrilla exhibit made me feel bad. They look at you, and you can almost see the words "get me the hell out of here" in their eyes. People oggling them, and they look so deflated. Like seeing a king in shackles. I can remember a few times wanting to break them out, but I knew I would end up in jail and they would get hurt or killed.

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I understand how you feel. The gorillas just always look so sad when I go to the zoo. They're so human-like, it would be hard for me to keep them in the small enclosures like at the zoo.

This reminds me, last week at the Dallas Zoo (one of my local zoos), a gorilla excaped his cage after being taunted by a group of teenagers. He went on a small rampage, attacking a few people (nobody was hurt too bad). Unfortunately, he was shot and killed by the police in order to stop him.

Sigh...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'm taking Shelby to the zoo today, and I'm already depressed!
They look way too close to human .....

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Well, I'm no tree hugger. I'm even a hunter. (not trophy) But there are two things that really bother me about the zoo. One is the gorillas and two is the big cats.

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool picture! I have not been able to take a decent photo of the San Diego Zoo gorillas. The dirty glass and glare just do not help at all.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You know, I never really thought about it until just now, but I have come to the conclusion that apes don't belong in the zoo -- maybe monkeys are ok -- and by that, I mean maybe...but not apes!

Jon

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Big Dragonfly said:
You know, I never really thought about it until just now, but I have come to the conclusion that apes don't belong in the zoo -- maybe monkeys are ok -- and by that, I mean maybe...but not apes!

Jon
I agree with you on that, but for breeding purposes only i think. like mountain gorillas will more than likely be an extnict species in the not to far future . orangutans and apes are amazinly smart, i read about an orangutan who would pick the lock on his cage , get free open all the other cages of ornagutans. then go back into its cage every night, the zoo keepers found a wire it was hiding in its lip to pick the lock. Jeff