1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good ventilation for an Avic?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Wheelgunner, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Wheelgunner

Wheelgunner Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Recently acquired a sub adult A. Avic. She is in a temp enclosure while i build her a new one. Its a basketball display case from the local craft store i am clearly modifying. Im not nearly done with it. Just got my acrylic hinges for the front swing door and cement that bonds plastic and acrylic. Now i have on each side two rows of 1/8' (3mm) holes top and mid as well as a single row on the angled corners. Does this look like i have adequate ventilation? Should i add some holes to the lid or the soon to be front door? Any advice would be appreciated. 20180211_195002.jpg

2. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnobaron Active Member

That looks fantastic IMO, you could maybe add some extra in the lid, or an extra row into the sides for good measure but honestly fine how it is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. D Sherlod

D Sherlod Arachnoknight

Looks great

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

I'd add a few holes in the lid but looks great otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CyclingSam

CyclingSam Arachnoknight

Utah
    I’m curious about the enclosure as a whole. Is that a HobbyLobby B-ball display case? Did you cut the front out? How does it close back up?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wheelgunner

Wheelgunner Arachnopeon

Yea its a hobby lobby basket ball display case. I installed hinges and locks on the lid. I cut out the front, and i cut an acrylic sheet for the front door. The dimentions are 9.5'x 9.5'

• Like Like x 2
  7. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Looks great. Except that it's a top-opening enclosure and your Avic is going to web that lid shut at her earliest convenience :D
    You could maybe tilt it so that it is front opening?

Edit: nevermind....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  8. CyclingSam

CyclingSam Arachnoknight

Utah
    It's top and front opening both.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. CyclingSam

CyclingSam Arachnoknight

Utah
    Sweet! How does the front door work?

10. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnosquire

Poland
    Looks nice, and should work well. But I usually make vent holes across container, so air because of convection is flowing through whole container.
    Something like this :
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1