Good True spider

ScutigeraJine

Arachnopeon
I've been taking care of my triangulosa spiders for a good couple of years and I developed a slight emotional attachment to the male I have, obviously either he won't live long or he'll disperse. Like all of my spiders I keep them for 2-3 weeks after catching them to destress but obviously in these weeks I start naming them and naming=attachment, I want a True Spider that I can keep but will also live for a decent amount of years(decent being 2+ years)
Any recommendations?
I don't care for sex,size or looks.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Most badumna species can live around 2-3 years if well taken care of. I have two, Queenie and Belleville, Belleville for sure just laid a fertile egg sac, Queenie laid an egg sac but I don't think it's fertile the biggest issue I have hear about them so far is they are easy to over feed since they eat like bottomless pits. I feed my girls about 2 times a week, a teen tiny roach nymph. They are also super chill once they get used to you. I of course wouldn't recommend handling because if for some reason they did decide to bite instead of run (they are more prone to fleeing) they can cause mild fluish symptoms from what I understand. Jumpers are good true spiders, but of course hard to find in unless it's the correct season... I am not sure how long the orbweavers I care for live must look it up

ScutigeraJine

Arachnopeon
Most badumna species can live around 2-3 years if well taken care of. I have two, Queenie and Belleville, Belleville for sure just laid a fertile egg sac, Queenie laid an egg sac but I don't think it's fertile the biggest issue I have hear about them so far is they are easy to over feed since they eat like bottomless pits. I feed my girls about 2 times a week, a teen tiny roach nymph. They are also super chill once they get used to you. I of course wouldn't recommend handling because if for some reason they did decide to bite instead of run (they are more prone to fleeing) they can cause mild fluish symptoms from what I understand. Jumpers are good true spiders, but of course hard to find in unless it's the correct season... I am not sure how long the orbweavers I care for live must look it up
Thanks I'll look into it.

ERIC cotter

Arachnopeon
I've had a heteropoda lunula for a few months now, still pretty small, but it's already one of my favorite spiders, easy to care for and a great hunter. Huntsman spiders in general are pretty great, live 2-3 years generally (a bit longer sometimes, especially for females). I'm still waiting to see a heteropoda davidbowie for sale in the States though, don't know what the hold-up is, Europe has had them in the hobby for years now.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I supposedlty have some of those around my area on occasion Duriana... I want to find a couple so bad, they are so cute <3

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Kulkulcania species have long life spans and are fairly easy to keep.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Same here :shifty:
You should have no problem at all finding them in Tennessee. Where have you looked? Tried around any older buildings or houses? They're all over the place here, anywhere they can find a hole to squeeze into. If you see their signature web anywhere, get a broom straw or blade of grass and gently tease it; they're normally really easy to coax out.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If you see their signature web anywhere, get a broom straw or blade of grass and gently tease it; they're normally really easy to coax out.
You can also lure them out with a tuning fork at 550 Hz, but be prepared to block their retreat once they figure out it's not food.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Does anyone know a specific picture of their webbing? I would normally look it up on the net but want to make sure I have it 100% correct, I am going spider hunting soon in several places so would love to be able to look for these guys. Supposedly I have them in my area, so it's just about being able to find them and convince them to come out XD