1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good price?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Nixy, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Nixy

Nixy Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    Thrixopelma pruriens - Female - 4 inches - $50.00.

Still labled Peru Green. But looks just like the picture <<Here>>

Whatcha think?

2. Cooper

Cooper Arachnoangel Old Timer

Personally I would not pay fifty smackers for that spider, Canadian. Sorry, but it doesnt even look that great:confused:

3. nemesis6sic6

nemesis6sic6 Arachnoangel Old Timer

hey

YOU'RE crazy f you don't buy. I've been wanting one of thoes since......like ever.

any ways
    have a nice day

geo

4. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Arachnoemperor Old Timer

It's probably a fair price in theory since the species isn't that common and just about any T other than a curly hair or a rosehair is worth $40-$50 at near adult sizes, particularly if female... in theory.

OTOH, I'm with Cooper. I know that a lot of people tend to be "total collectors" and if it's got 8 legs and is a theraphosid they want it, but I think some species just don't need to be in the pet trade and this is one of them.

5. vulpina

vulpina Arachnoprince Old Timer

I would say get it, I have had one of these for about 12 years, raised it from a sling. It was a birthday gift from Bryant Capiz, great spider to have, not very colorful, but not bad looking either. It is kinda skittish but it feeds well. Mine is about 6 inches now.

Andy