Good Grief!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Linky...... all the posts i have ever seen were 8.5" or something around those lines. I have NEVER seen a pokie bigger than 9". I would LOVE to be proved wrong on this, so please do so. And its probably just as accurate as all the postings saying large "birdeaters" get 12-13"+ etc. T. blondi maybe... the rest? Lets see...

What it all comes down to is here say is just that, post legit pics and i will be a believer :).

Cheers
I have had a few rufilata in past that were over 10". I am not the only one that has had one at that size. I know these guys have had one at that size or bigger. And they advertise as such.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=127227&highlight=tarantulas.com

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I tried but I am going to have to wait till she hardens up some. She is not being nice.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well I should have quit while I was ahead. I think I got the picture, but she split open two legs trying to run at warp speed. I think I have the bleeding stopped, but I bet she casts those two legs off.
Might as well post the ruler shot. It was not worth it thats for sure.:wall:

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OH damn thats messed up. I hope she turns out ok!!! Thats amazing though, thats the biggest pokie i have ever seen. Sorry about her legs :(. Did you try liquid bandage?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ryan, please let her harden up, dont stress her up, I know they reach over 10" mark
u can post pics later

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Sounds like good advice, why scoff at it? You've already injured her once just trying to get pictures to prove how big she is. :rolleyes:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well if you take her for a walk I hope you have a very strong leash and harness!!!
She is lovely Ryan!! I hope her legs will be ok. Keep us updated, I would hate for anything to happen to a lady as pretty as that one.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
And the posted size for ornata and rufilata is 10"+
That sucks that you have to prove yourself, I believe you, you are a very respected person on this board. Your T got injured because someone didn't believe you and that sucks.......For all you haters I have this to say......Ryan has forgotten more than most of you know........He knows this Sp better than anyone I know and probaly more than anyone you know, so quite second guessing him. You can clearly see with out a ruler the leg span of that T, The body is at least 3-3.5"......look at the legs there twice as long as the body= 10"+ pokie.........rob

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like good advice, why scoff at it? You've already injured her once just trying to get pictures to prove how big she is. :rolleyes:
Did it sound like I was planning to do more? I did not even touch her, I picked up the tank and she spazed out. I have never had that happen before. I did not see the bleeding till after I had taken the picture.Before yesterday I would have knowingly picked up any tank with a freshly molted T and not worried about it. But clearly that won't be happening again. Lesson learned.:(

Well I should have quit while I was ahead. I think I got the picture, but she split open two legs trying to run at warp speed. I think I have the bleeding stopped, but I bet she casts those two legs off.
Might as well post the ruler shot. It was not worth it thats for sure.
I have always found it weird that when someone on here makes a mistake and posts that they did so, the first replies are "dont do it again!" Ya think? :wall:

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First of all, Ryan im sorry about your T. I never thought by you taking a pic of it this would have happened. Now to the above comments i KNOW that Ryan is respected and has lots of experience in this hobby, i was simply wanting to see this because i have never seen it before. I was not trying to call him a "liar" or anything along those lines. And yes i feel it was my fault this freak incident happened. Im sorry Ryan, if she does not recover i am MORE than willing to reimburse you for your loss.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't be ridiculous you don't owe me anything. I have picked up plenty of tanks with freshly molted Ts and never had anything like this happen before. But now that it has you can bet it won't be happening again

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Now to the above comments i KNOW that Ryan is respected and has lots of experience in this hobby, i was simply wanting to see this because i have never seen it before. I was not trying to call him a "liar" or anything along those lines.
That's cool...I was just wanting to make sure you knew he wasn't a liar...he's helped me out a great deal in this hobby....rob

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't be ridiculous you don't owe me anything. I have picked up plenty of tanks with freshly molted Ts and never had anything like this happen before. But now that it has you can bet it won't be happening again
Perhaps we both learned something out of this. However, i still feel as though things are not what they should be. I dont have a lot of money or anything along those lines, but i definately feel as though there is something on my part i must do to make things somewhat more right out of all of this. Buying you a new T could perhaps make us both feel better. Even if its just a G. rosea or something, i just would really like to do "something", ya know? Is there anything you have been wanting? Let me know...
Cheers

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If it's any consolation, I've had this happen too Ryan. My 4" female OBT molted recently. I had to move her tank a few feet to get at some of the other ones, and when I did so, she freaked out. She wound up casting off her L1, L2 and her left pedipalp. And as in your situation, I've moved tanks of freshly molted Ts a number of times and never given it a second thought. I'll certainly be refraining from doing so in the future though.