Good Grief!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have never EVER seen anything like it! My P. ornata female premolt stood tall at 8". Well today she molted, and she is a touch over 10" :eek: I would never have believed it had I not seen it myself. The picture is not even as big as she is :eek: :eek: :eek:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya pretty freaking huge! I wonder what will happen on the next molt.......:D

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
That's crazy. Power feed that beast w/ high temps.....lol.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have never EVER seen anything like it! My P. ornata female premolt stood tall at 8". Well today she molted, and she is a touch over 10" :eek: I would never have believed it had I not seen it myself. The picture is not even as big as she is :eek: :eek: :eek:
10"??? Lets see measurement :rolleyes: :p

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was waiting for a hater like you to post. You will have your ruler picture soon enough. She at least needs over night to harden up before I mess with her again.
Ok hater is the wrong word............ non believer there we go. Waiting for a non believer like you to post. Damn its getting late.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can use my "magic" ruler I take when I go out on the lake fishing :D :D . It will give you whatever size you want!{D
Awesome pokie, she gets any bigger your gonna have to build on to the house! I'm waiting for the day when one of my female L.Para's hits that size.

†-MarK-†

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's one big freakin ornata ! My friend knows one guy which have an ornata 10.5-11'' .

Last edited:

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is one beautiful spidey,

jadespider sounds like my ex. lol

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dang I'm jealous! Big and pretty! Nice pic too!

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aha!!!! Finally some evidence to the rumors that you feed your pokies steroids and vitamins and practice voodoo to make them breed and grow. It explains your unnatural success with them. Just kidding :p She's beautiful.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Stunning Ryan.
Size, is that a Large KK? If so that embossed circle she has her leg on is between 1.5" and 2". So doing a little math, she is between 9 and 12 inches! 10" sounds like a good estimate.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's one big freakin ornata ! My friend knows one guy which have an ornata 11'' .
Here they come.... *waits patiently for "OH YEA i knew a GUY that KNEW a GUY that had an ornata that was 12"!*
:rolleyes: {D

Talkenlate, i know your going to prove me wrong here, but i just had to be that guy "nuh uhhhhh".... lol
Cheers

†-MarK-†

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here they come.... *waits patiently for "OH YEA i knew a GUY that KNEW a GUY that had an ornata that was 12"!*
:rolleyes: {D

Talkenlate, i know your going to prove me wrong here, but i just had to be that guy "nuh uhhhhh".... lol
Cheers
Look .. that guy have about 100-150 adult pokies . If you are keeping spiders under 100% right conditions they will grow big . Search on this forum, there is a thread where was a ruller next to rosea molt .. it was 6-6,5'' . Yes.. 6-6,5'' big rosea . So i don't see why ornata could not reach 10,5-11'' . Ryan's ornata can go near that size too . ;)

Last edited:

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look .. that guy have about 100-150 adult pokies . If you are keeping spiders under 100% right conditions they will grow big . Search on this forum, there is a thread where was a ruller next to rosea molt .. it was 6-6,5'' . Yes.. 6-6,5'' big rosea . So i don't see why ornata could not reach 10,5-11'' . Ryan's ornata can go near that size too . ;)
Whoa there.... 6" is not that "uncommon" for a G. rosea. Have seen plenty that size. Look up about any information source and you will see that the posted size for them is up to 6".
Cheers

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And the posted size for ornata and rufilata is 10"+
Linky...... all the posts i have ever seen were 8.5" or something around those lines. I have NEVER seen a pokie bigger than 9". I would LOVE to be proved wrong on this, so please do so. And its probably just as accurate as all the postings saying large "birdeaters" get 12-13"+ etc. T. blondi maybe... the rest? Lets see...

What it all comes down to is here say is just that, post legit pics and i will be a believer :).

Cheers

†-MarK-†

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is like in all organisms , some are bigger and some are smaller .The Human did grew to 9 foot or so too ,and it's almost unbelievably . The same thing is whit animals.. some are a lot bigger , some stay smaller .