Good adult G. pulchra enclosure

Snowy Snowman

Arachnosquire
Hello, I have recently acquired a G. pulchra sling, and have them in appropriate housing. However, the enclosure I got previously planning for its adult life is a little bit on the large side. It's a 10 gallon, with two hides and a water dish, and 4" of Eco Earth. I know that its adult life is WAY in the future, and I'm just being a little obsessive, but I still want to know. What's the best bet for a high visibility, good-looking setup that's the perfect size for my T in its adult life?

Snowy Snowman

Arachnosquire
Don't live in the U.S., so I can't get the "display" one, as Jamie's only ships to the United States. What's a good "display" terrarium that I can get at a pet store or so?

Last edited by a moderator:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hello, I have recently acquired a G. pulchra sling, and have them in appropriate housing. . . . What's the best bet for a high visibility, good-looking setup that's the perfect size for my T in its adult life?
Who knows what futuristic materials will be available when your pulchra matures! :clown:

Tangled

Arachnopeon
You can find similar acrylic enclosures on aliexpress.com but I don't think they sell one that would be good size for an adult G pulchra. You could use the 10 gallon aquarium, they also make 5 gallon and 2.5 gallon tanks. Metal-mesh lids are sold for all sizes online and chain pet stores. If you want it to open in the front, you could drill the top for ventilation and then do a conversion similar to what Serpadesigns does for a vertical conversion on YouTube, albeit horizontally. Ready-made and front opening, I'd go with an exo-terra or zoomed product.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
... Metal-mesh lids are sold for all sizes online and chain pet stores ...
I do not recomend a metal mesh at all. They can stay hanging very easily, due hooks in her legs. I rescued mine twice hanging from one leg. Also they can make a hole in the mesh very easily
IMG_20180804_014507.jpg

Get a glass terrarium, I get mine for about 50 bucks. The size is in the big side, with 60x40x40, but that's because I'm planing to make a good vivarium setup.

IMG_20181001_151519__01.jpg