Votes: 2 100.0%
  • She has eaten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plenty of water

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Apollo93

Arachnopeon
Just got a Goliath bird eating tarantula house her the cage I got her in with way too small now I can't stop her from climbing and her hanging from the ceiling nothing has changed from other than the fact that she got rehoused

Theneil

Arachnoprince
it is normal for them to wanter when freshly rehoused. Make sure that the cage is properly set up to reduce the risk of a fall injury if she slips while climing.

Apollo93

Arachnopeon
it is set up properly for her and I keep constantly checking her every time she falls and make sure she's okay I just don't know how to keep her from the getting up on the lid I haven't had her for that long and she was not in a very good home before and I just don't want any harm a risk to happen to her so I was just making sure that it is normal cuz my other two don't do it at all

ghostly

Arachnopeon
Upon reading the thread title i thought she was literally hanging from your ceiling. Like, your kitchen ceiling. Lol

Yeah just give her time to settle in. A few days or even 1-2 weeks of aimless wandering are fine after a rehouse.

Apollo93

Arachnopeon
yeah I know she's hanging from her enclosures lid not for my kitchen and I was just a little concerned I mean yes I did just rehouse , her the container I got her in was very small and my other two are settled in and they don't climb to the top of their enclosures and she has fallen a few times because she is you know heavy and I just want to make sure that it wasn't going to be a constant thing or if I need to do something else do you know but it's properly set up and she has water she has eaten and she has a hide

Thekla

Arachnoprince
She probably just needs time to settle in, but could you please post some pictures of the enclosure anyway... just to make sure there's nothing amiss. :)

From what I can see, there's way too much height, meaning more substrate! And it looks way too dry as well. You need deep moist substrate and good ventilation with these.

@Nightstalker47 made a good husbandry guide for Theraphosas: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/theraphosa-care-and-info.303033/

Last edited by a moderator:

Apollo93

Arachnopeon
I'm in the process of finishing her a house I'm getting more dirt meaning she's getting it put in that's an unfinished project in the pictures you guys ask for pictures should I stop what I was doing to give you pictures I'm in the process of putting more in and making it moist

Thekla

Arachnoprince
it is set up properly for her
but it's properly set up and she has water she has eaten and she has a hide
I'm in the process of finishing her a house I'm getting more dirt meaning she's getting it put in that's an unfinished project in the pictures you guys ask for pictures should I stop what I was doing to give you pictures I'm in the process of putting more in and making it moist
Well, either it's set up properly or it isn't (yet). ;)
Of course, don't stop setting her enclosure up properly (I would get her out for that). Set the enclosure up according to the guide I linked to and then post the new pictures. :) And while you should keep the substrate moist, don't make a swamp out of it.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Can you post pics of the full enclosure including the lid? And a little tip try use scientific names as there is more than 1 Goliath bird eater, you have a Theraphosa Stirmi. These are not beginner friendly Ts so I’d suggest reading the thread that was posted on Theraphosa care, I know you’re in the middle of fixing up that enclosure but read that 1st to be sure you’re doing all you can to give you’re T a comfortable happy life.