Going to start a collection.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, the apartment that we are going to have is OK with tarantulas, and my wife-to-be also gave me the go ahead to have a collection.

-Does anyone know of a good website to order a cabinet from? Specifically, one that has a glass door (to keep our kitties out), and that also has roll-away wooden doors, which will usually be left open, but closed when certain people are over.
-I plan on shutting the wooden doors when arachnophobic friends (I'm not just calling names here--some are downright terrified of even the smallest spiders) are over. Will this present a problem to my T's as far as ventilation/humidity, etc?
-Do T's have any problem being stressed out when they are in tanks that are very close together? I could probably easily make it so they can't see each other, but their eyes aren't very good so that is probably irrelevant.
-I plan on going with New World T's, mostly arboreals, some terrestrials, and a fossorial or two. It seems that generally speaking, NW have less stringent humidity requirements--or is this incorrect?

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmm. maybe some entertainment centers have class drawers and what not but if you go to a walmart they have plastic drawers and what not that might be what you're looking for. It won't be a big deal unless it's shut all the time. The problem you face with this is that most arboreals tend to get fairly large aside from avics and will need to be put in 5 - 10g tanks..

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree, I would try places that sell entertainment centers, and other cabinet like furniture. Wal-mart, Meijers, K-mart, places like that. We use the plastic drawer units for our slings, they don't look quite as nice but they are on wheels, can be moved easily, and the entire drawer can be removed for feeding. Plus if you go with one of them, they are easily wheeled into a closet for your arachnophobic quests.