Going to an expo, what kinda Ts to expect?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm patient. Ever since Kelly Swift showed me P. metallica in person, he's the first person to hatch them out in the USA- back then $400/sling, I've waited for them to drop in price. I'm still waiting. That was well over 11 years ago.

I did the same thing with Pieds too. It was a 5 figure snake. I waited about 13-15 yrs for them to be affordable for me.
Yeah, no. If I want something I usually get it within reason. 5 years? I might be dead tomorrow. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, no. If I want something I usually get it within reason. 5 years? I might be dead tomorrow. :)
Yeah, I couldn't afford over $10,000 for a snake (they were much more than that). Even on principle I wouldn't do it if I had the cash, particularly because I don't breed my animals. The same is true for Ts for me. Not all of us are wealthy.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I couldn't afford over $10,000 for a snake (they were much more than that). Even on principle I wouldn't do it if I had the cash, particularly because I don't breed my animals. The same is true for Ts for me. Not all of us are wealthy.
I'm not wealthy, that's why I put in the within reason part. I giggle at the thought of spending 10,000 on any animal. Snake people are weird and crazy, true story. :D

I do feel if I can afford it without it greatly impacting my lifestyle then it's ok to spend a little extra cash on it. At age 25, I came close to dying twice in as many months. After that I still plan for the future but I am less apt to wait on things I want to do, experience or have in life.

Though that is more of an outlook on life and less about saving a few bucks at a reptile show. I do agree you get a better deal before pack up time. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm not wealthy, that's why I put in the within reason part. I giggle at the thought of spending 10,000 on any animal. Snake people are weird and crazy, true story. :D

I do feel if I can afford it without it greatly impacting my lifestyle then it's ok to spend a little extra cash on it. At age 25, I came close to dying twice in as many months. After that I still plan for the future but I am less apt to wait on things I want to do, experience or have in life.

Though that is more of an outlook on life and less about saving a few bucks at a reptile show. I do agree you get a better deal before pack up time. :)

And I didn't write you were wealthy ;)

As I know you have herps, you know 10,000 is very much on the low side when it comes to expensive snakes. In fact, many don't even blink an eye at 10k. It's all relative as we know. Expensive to one, is not to another.

I did not know that about you, that's pretty scary. I'm glad you didn't die. I don't think your outlook is wrong either. I practice that to some degree.