Glowing fungi

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
It's not unusual for my vivariums to grow various little shrooms and more often than not they are a pain, especially when they drop a heap of spores and multiply out of hand.
These ones popped up the other day and never looked twice until my gorgeous wife tells me tonight that there's something glowing in one of the rainforest Viv's.
It's not easy to take photos of a tiny shroom in the dark but this is the best I could do, it's much more impressive with the naked eye.
So this is one of these shrooms below.
IMG_20190329_233709.jpg
Pic below shows lights on and lights off from above.
20190329_233531.jpg
A welcome addition and hopefully more will pop up once these are done.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That's pretty awesome! I was like 'grow some for me too!!'
But you're in Australia. :shifty:

Jk :smug:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
At first I thought you were claiming that the arrow you drew in was a glowing fungus and I was like "how gullible do you think we are?" After turning up the brightness on my laptop, however, I see what you are pointing out. Very exciting.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the replies, I almost didn't post about this as it was difficult to take a suitable picture to verify, the glow is fairly bright green and now I'm aware of it, is easy to spot from across the room. I wasn't sure whether to just leave it or not or dry it out to spread the spore around. I really hope it gets a firm hold in the tank and keeps going.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Very cool! I cannot stand mushrooms but that is so cool I'd even consider getting some for the amblypygi enclosures, ha. Now that you brought it up, I'm wondering why aren't more trying to grow the different kinds of glowing fungi?

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I am fairly certain that it is "Mycena chlorophos" if anyone was interested in it.