Giving GBBs To School

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
There's a small college close to me. A friend said they were having a new class for the semester, In The Field With Spiders. I talked to them and I'm giving the class 2 Black Widows, a Brown Widow and 3 GBB's I didn't want. The class is being taught by an Arachnologist. He said he was bring a Huntsman, and a few other tarantulas. It will have everything from jumping, orb weavers to tarantulas. Be a cool class to take.

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
ahhhhh!!! thats very kind of you
FYI if just one of those cyaneopubescens didnt make it to the class and instead found its way to my front door, would the kids really notice??
I think not... :geek:

archaeosite

Arachnosquire
I wish my university had more invertebrate-focused classes. Hell, I wish I had known that entomology and botany were even options when I started college, but there ya go. My major (geology) is very field-centric so I might just get to be the resident spineless fauna expert. ;)

Is the school keeping all the spiders in a type of learning museum? That would be wonderful.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
I wish my university had more invertebrate-focused classes. Hell, I wish I had known that entomology and botany were even options when I started college, but there ya go. My major (geology) is very field-centric so I might just get to be the resident spineless fauna expert. ;)

Is the school keeping all the spiders in a type of learning museum? That would be wonderful.
You know I don't really know whats to happen to them after the class. Guess I need to find out. It was my impression I would not get them back, but maybe I will. Glad you brought that up. Yes, I think that class would be a blast to attend. I bet if I ask they would let me. Wow it could be a way to come home with a car load of spiders after the semester.

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 11:17 PM ----------

ahhhhh!!! thats very kind of you
FYI if just one of those cyaneopubescens didnt make it to the class and instead found its way to my front door, would the kids really notice??
I think not... :geek:
They are about 2-2 1/2". They way they act and EAT, will be a great teaching tool.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Cool , too bad college will pay you if they keep them. I hope you get them back Id rather them be in the hands of a hobbyist, them some univeristy. College are often way too pricey these days, for the debt students accrue.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Cool , too bad college will pay you if they keep them. I hope you get them back Id rather them be in the hands of a hobbyist, them some univeristy. College are often way too pricey these days, for the debt students accrue.
I will be taking them there right after Christmas break. Think I'll push for a return, attend the class, and take the leftovers home with me.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I will be taking them there right after Christmas break. Think I'll push for a return, attend the class, and take the leftovers home with me.
Remember colleges are Uber rich , So make sure you get them back. So you can breed them later on :) we need more GBB's in the hobby.