Gila Monsters!!!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Finally, I have managed to acquire the animals that I have wanted for a while... Gila Monsters (Heloderma suspectum)!

I have kept these venomous lizards and their cousin species Mexican Beaded Lizards (Heloderma horridum) when I was in the States and I have been trying to get some since I moved to Europe. I have finally found a trio of babies for a very decent price and I got them :). Here they are:

And their home:

More pictures, video and info will follow...

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
really nice animals there man, good luck with them!

Later, Tom

jarmst4

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool. Those are on my to do list after my kids get older.

jarmst4

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My buddy had some, got to hold one years ago. That was pretty intimidating.

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Such beautiful animals, and your setup is incredible. I hope to get some of these one day. :)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Kinda wanted those for a few decades now, just never took they jump. I know of two people around here that have some, and some beaded. They look great.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome lizards man! If anybody really wants them, look on faunaclassifieds, and be ready to spend around $1000 lol.

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lovely animals, I miss mine. Although they are somewhat handle able it is certainly not a good idea. When they get riled, that bite reflex is very very fast.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the comments guys. I love these guys, they are very active and very well behaved. They have already eaten their first meal in my care.

I have my Midwest Gloves that I have brought with me all the way from US so the only handling I will do, I will do with those.

Awesome lizards man! If anybody really wants them, look on faunaclassifieds, and be ready to spend around $1000 lol.
I got mine for a very decent price. 5 babies for 2200 USD, sold 2 of these for 1000 USD on the way to home to another friend :).

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the new acquisition. They're beautiful!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That is a very good price. Now if you can make some babies, and keep the money rolling.
I got mine for a very decent price. 5 babies for 2200 USD, sold 2 of these for 1000 USD on the way to home to another friend :).

Redneck101

Arachnosquire
Congrats on the lizards man! they seem like they would be a fun and cool addition to have. honestly i have never thought about owning one. but idk now. haha.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Here are some individual pictures:

#1 Kashli

#2 Chengel

#3 Bhenek

Yes, I have christened them with pseudo-Turkish names. :)